10w30 in ZA50 problems

TwoSpeedTony /

I put 14 oz. of 10w30 in my gearbox last night, and wow did it rip. 1st speed clutch grabbed better and 2nd speed engaged about 4-5mph later, but now it won't start. It just kept getting harder and harder to start each time I tried. Have any of you had to readjust your starter clutch cable after this?

Re: 10w30 in ZA50 problems

That seems counter intuitive. It is my understanding that type F transmission fluid is designed to have slightly higher viscosity than regular transmission fluid, because the clutch pads need to get some grip. It seem to me that regular motor oil should, while doing wonders for your transmission, should prevent your clutch pads from getting a good grip.

5w20

detergent or non detergent?

TwoSpeedTony /

Sorry guys just fixed it, my starter cable was just loose. Tightened it up and it fired right up!

Zack Rineer /

SAE 30 non detergent or ATF type F

I like ATF type f better.

It's all about the 10w30 gear oil.

I just saw you drive by the shop tony, I dont know but it looked like you might be breaking the nebraska laws for speed and displacment on a moped. mmmmmmmm, you should put the stock cylinder back on and a 12 bing and maby a good stock pipe and I wont turn you in to johnny law. Oh, and finish my seat. ha ha

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

5w20 paz. although that did lead to gilardoni eating up my crankshaft.

thicker oil gives the slip, but everything sucks once its warm

~SABAT!

Tony, You should come by the shop Saturday!

Todd and I are hopefully going to play mopeds all day!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account