The New 72cc Airsal

Anybody running this kit. How's the torque in comparison to the larger metra or polini?

Re: The New 72cc Airsal

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

apparently its just 70cc.

They are alright, their weakness is the intake. Metra80 intakes are huge, this one not so much. Torque is good, and the kit is a decent value compared to others.

They are a good "starter" kit. Easy assembly, easy to tune. POwer is decent for the most part, and they are CHEAP. I loved mine, but went with a Polini after 4 months because I want to rip--I have nothing bad to say about the Airsal except the tiny intake and the fact that I had to use 4 base-gaskets so as not to smack the plug in a 70cc HC head.

i am using an NGK B8HS which is a shorter plug and cooler spark....... no clearance issues of having the piston smacking the plug........ i love this kit as it is pushing me 50 on the flats with the stock 14mm PHVA on a 71 jet, uni pod, tecno estoril, balanced clutch drum, 18t rear, and stock ignition setup...........

using stock exhaust

taking the oil injector out

The older Airsal kit for Puch mopeds that I have has a huge intake on it... Exhaust port is huge too... I recently threw a 19mm Carb and Bensar intake on it, but it's been to cold to ride. I want to see what it will do with a bigger carb and intake. I was rocking a 15mm Bing with it before.

But is the torque on this cylinder comparible at least to the polini? I already planned on opening the ports if I purchased it, but it's not worth the time to me if the torque isn't better than the polini's. Guess I need the metra or wait for the gila. Anybody run the new Athena?

POlini>all

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

4 petal polini w/ phbg or 2 petal and a bing?

I'd say this has the potential to be between the 2, maybe closer to 4 petal with a mean tune.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

gilardoni > all.

Word up... Gila is the Polini on steroids...

If I remember I saw the ring placement on those kits and it made no sense at all, I thought for sure it would snag immediately so I never even tried. one ring gap is right in the middle of the intake port and the other is on the edge making me thing it's dragging the edge of the port!? it looked shittaly cast too, but an alukit is cast just a shitty, I'm rockin that so whatevs. no point here, just a little scared of the ring placement

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account