Batavus exhaust: "remove baffle"

I've heard of people removing the exhaust baffle from their Batavus mopeds for more speed. I want to do this - but what exactly does that mean? What bit to I need to remove?

Re: Batavus exhaust: "remove baffle"

unscrew the nut in the end of the exhaust, cone comes off. there should be a metal disk that goes over the threaded rod. if it aint there, somebody already took it out. It's such an easy mod that sometimes it's already been done.

Quatto is right, but its less of a disc and more of a cylinder.

Get new rings before you do it though. You'll blow through them quickly (hard riding) without them.

Hm, if that's the case, maybe I'll change my mind. Parts for this thing are hard enough to come by. I could see pulling the cylinder turning into a can of worms.

you should also do the clutch mod. only costs like 3 inches of fuel line, and zoom zoom zooming takeoff.

Batavus exhaust: "remove baffle"

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Crazy Wayne’s

Batavus exhaust system power band adjustment .

Links: https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/7/117940/117940/

U got mail

Fast Bat out

Sorry all - I failed to specify M56.

Dincus Dunkus Douglas /

What new rings is Tom talking about?

Is it better to totally remove the baffle or perhaps widen up the holes that are already in it?

One of the guys down here got a pipe with an adjustable header, and when he got it set right, and when he hits the pipe JUST right, he goes like, 38. Course, low end still sucks, and it's pretty hard to get it going that fast, but I have seen it with.

In other words, you could try to get an expansion chamber instead of drilling holes in your baffle. Anything you get will probably need modification, though.

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

i had better luck with the stock exhaust with baffle removed than a biturbo, 38's almost a stock mod limit on em, unless you get crazy with porting. best part is though the mods to get em there are all free.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

M48's with all stoke parts & mods can do 39MPH.

Bat out

Dincus Dunkus Douglas /

dude by my standards thats fucking mach 295. i did that clutch mod, i wanna mill down the head, and then remove the baffle to get super powers.

are there any definite jetting changes required for the head milling or the baffle?

PS: has anybody tried re-chroming their exhaust? I sherlocked for some answers but i didnt get a definite "yes ive done it booyakasha"

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account