Re: how many times have u seized?

did the bell shred while riding or while crashing.

I've only seized Heather's bike. Like blew the fuck out of it.

the bell shreaded while riding thats why he went down, in a corner too.

once; I did not notice I tore a hole in the bing high flow filter rubber when I was putting it on, so it leaned out when i was pushing for 50 downhill (after going up it) with my airsal barely broken in. It skidded a few feet and broke loose, but the ring got stuck in the piston, and no compression to start. had to pedal home, got good excercise that night. I broke the ring trying to get it out, cleaned up the hone and ring groove, and a new ring fixed it, but it made me a little paranoid about my jetting for a while lol.

Damn that sounds like it was intense. I'm really curious as to how/what made it shred though?

caesar salad? I'll have the salad. zing!

once. the ever-illusive av7 62malossi kit. i destroyed a beautiful thing.

I am fairly new to small engine 2 strokes. The smallest ever worked on is a suzuki jr 50 oil injected for the kiddies. Me a motorcycle mechanic for 7+ years professionally and still on the side. That said, I have never siezed any bike I have ever rode. I have seen a lot though due to lack of oil or excessivly lean running conditions. Lots of rings fused to pistons, even seen a hole burned through a piston from running too lean. Bottom line run premix only, know what your premix ratio is for sure! and stop if your cylinder is glowing freakin red. Your jetting is probably off, or an air leak if all else covered. I ran 40:1 on my 125 and my 250. I've got friends that run 50:1 with no problems. I got 40:1 in my cobra now but I'm still in the first start up and tune phase.

Never siezed a moped before, but I did soft sieze a vw bug once....bad oil cooler seal....

derbeez ryderz /

soft seized a metra 65 a couple times, but i'm sure theres a thousand people that did that. i hard seized my pug. gila kit a half mile down the road of its first ride. the head came loose and leaked air really bad. the rear wheel locked up for about 100 ft. down a hill on a wet road, it was awesome.

John Joedicke /

none

wow im going for a record! i soft seized again on my V1.

its been running great.plug chops look good. i guess i need to upjet more.

coco, maybe this will help you.

1234014462_minarelli37.jpg

ed

you run 64 to 1 ratio?

Reallly its more that its a single jet carb..

Put a 15 or 16mm 3 jet carb on there :)

I know people that run 100:1.. :)

I run 50;1 in my polini75cc... and the on the 86cc I run 32-40 ... if its cold out.. you change you mix for the weather.

Today I will run 40;1 since its so nice out.

Seized my puch polini once in Toledo, Ohio. It was so hot it ruined the stock rollerbearing crank, ring and piston, bearings, and blew a seal. The cylinder wasn't damaged at all. I'd almost made it to Kalamazoo from RVA.

Never a hard seize. But I figure my time will come!

Never. Stock Tomos.

Frostback Ditch /

Twice, once on my FA50 at Blood Drive, 2 miles down the road from the campsite, and once on my friends FA down the road from my house. The second one was fun, as the wheel locked up and skidded for about 30 ft. I'm not a big fan of seizing

(Casserollers) Gregory B. /

twice.

soft seize puch polini, still running.

hard seize puch polini, fucked... but may try and get 'er up and running again here soon with a new piston and rings.

None, but now that I posted this I Am doomed!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account