how many times have u seized?

well up till today i could not understand how people seize there motors.

i never have seized untile day i drilled my baffel out and removed the carb cover on my minarelli.

my power increased and now im doing about 30 from my 24mph max record then the v1 shut down like it ran out of gas,i could tell it was running very hot,the cylinder was smoking. it did this a few more times even though the plug chops looked good.

i put the carb cover back on but i removed the 2 restrictors. i went for a blast down the road and i seized AGNAIN! so i added one restrictor and it runs perfect with the stock #52 jet

i upjetted to #57 and removed the last restrictor now im off for a test ride ,see if i can seize my one ring 50cc v1 one more time.

this v1 is indestuctable i cant seem to kill it.

Re: how many times have u seized?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

hard seize? never

soft seize twice, once a stock maxi with a pipe downhill, it just died at 42. I also soft seized my polini once going uphill, it just overheated. Thats all.

oh 2 many times but then once is to many.

I soft seized my korado last summer and it hasn't been right since.

never

usually i stop the bike slightly before, or as soon as, it starts smoking.

once.

I've seized one crank and soft seized a cylinder once, not bad considering. Stock engines are usually pretty seize resistant and very forgiving. That's why I like them.

King Drunky JCams /

When I first kitted my hobbit (and I was still a super noob), I did not change my oil to gas ratio...

Two soft seizes later, I added oil and I've been good ever since.

leenewport on heatherette! on leedog /

i have seized like 5 or 6 times at least. i have blown up like 4 polini puch pistons. i have seized cranks, blown wrist pin bearings, big end bearings. snapped cranks in half!!!! i have blown countless rings.

o boy the fun never ends. don't be embarrassed friends. the more you seize, the more you learn.

There is a trail of broken parts following my moped life

3 times. 3rd time thinking jetski 2 stroke would get me to the house at least. fuck no.

twice on my moby once on my doppler kit once on my malossi kit

like a million times on various polinis too many to count

once on a stock bike

if u ain't seizing u ain't pushing it, i'm about to try something new on my polini bike this week, it probably has a 70% chance of seizing but if it works and holds up its gonna be sooooo fast!!!!

I love seizing!!!!

someone should take a new picture of this at 77 there are literally a dozen polini pistons in it and a bunch of narley shit now, ppl just drop off their broken parts in it lol.

05-Maxi, 70 Airsal, 12 Bing. Horribly stupid tuning. Hard seize.

06-Avanti VIP, 65 Polini and other goodies, soft seize at 55

07-Pinto, Korado cylinder, soft seize at a bajillion rpms

08-Ciao, 70 Malossi and reed case, hard ass seize, crank failure

1 seize a year isn't bad, right? Maybe I can break the cycle in '09

"break the cycle in

i <3 seizing!!!!!

:) observant Crack

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

oh yea, I broke the ring on my korado piston too. That was doing 50.

im only running one ring.

the #57 works like a charm i cant get it to seize up any more.

it was surprised how easy it is to seize just by removeing 2 restrictors,

with one restrictor and #52 jet it ran good. take out the last restrictor and it would seize

Nobody likes a bully. * /

forgive a stupid question, what's the difference between a hard and a soft seize?

I payed the cost to be the boss if you know what i mean.

Blew the final drive bearings threw the bottom of my Tomos cases. Smoked a polini twice and the second time of one more to many. Just finished build my Pintomos and soft seized the motor I think. After some more tuning running strong and no problems. Wow that was a close one!!!!

once head gsket blew and i soft seized. the guys before me a bit more.

Same Puch Polini definitely learned everything the hard way. Three soft seizes and two hard. And still running daily.

Soft seized my 80 Metra twice this summer. Rolled the bike down hill, pulled the clutch, fired that bitch right back up. I should take it apart and clean it up, but - eh....fuck it. It's cast iron! Love it.

As Elliot says.....rip it, or your aren't living.

Enough to start worrying about health issues related to exposure to muriatic acid.

Nah, about 6. half were other peoples bikes..

Btw, what the shit is the story behind that shredded clutch bell in the wall of shame pic? I sincerely hope it came out of the crank case that way.

I have a chinese 48cc 4 stroke had it for 3years and it must have seized at least 6 times . Its had a second hand head in that time. It sees road use most days and it was in a RM125 frame till about four months a go its now in a YB 125 Yamaha frame now. I am a New Zealander

once. fuckng oil line got crimped shut, i was wide open @ 45mph or so and after a mile or two all of the sudden it locked so hard that the rear tire was doing some crazy supermoto style skidding, and i was drifting to a stop dangerously on the brink of destruction.

i managed to kick it back once it cooled down and get it un jammed. it doesn't go as fast anymore, and rattles like a motherfucker, but it still drives me.

rebuilding soon.

premix for life now.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

that shreded clutch bell led to a broken collar bone. I should take a picture of the cases and the crank. That shit is FUCKED. It all came with a magnum I picked up. The dude is still riding today.

karril went down HARD on that one!!! i watched the whole thing.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account