Re: Sachs G3 Tuning

nerdzilla No mo Peds no mo /

i think theres a derbi zen pipe thats 'relatively' similar in look to the stock. but ive only seen the matte black finish. im sure theres a chrome out there.

ps. i still want your side covers! or anyones for that matter. they only got one side @handybikes.... :(

Nerdy, i'll sell 'em for 250$ shipped. :)

Let me see if i can get something straight. I'm not an expert here, but could this be true? Ok with a mildy dirty air filter i was hitting 28, with no filter or box on, i was hitting 30, is it possible that i could go faster with a clean filter + box than without either...It seems to me from reading that you have to have a good balance of air and fuel or else you're screwed. My previous thought was that with the least amount of restrictions you would get the most power, but that's probably wrong.

From my experience bings don't like being fliterless, and with fliter and box off you might have been at the threshold of "too lean". PLus it is probably running lean just from the temps

hmm, next time I run it, i'll grab one of those green foam lawn mower filters and stuff it in the box and run it to see what happens. I might be more happy with the performance this spring when temps get up. I'll still probably build one of your contraptions though, crackstar, that is unless you want to send me one :) I wish i had a machine shop in my living room.

Also, ifn you can find one of these, it would imrpove your speed. I am trying to buy like maybe three of them and sell the other two. I reckin that way the shipping cost wont be so bad. The only place I have been able to find them is on Nazi-bay, but if I could somehow get ahold of like a U.S. dealer or even go straight to the source and talk to Giannelli straight up, I bet a good deal could be had. I haven't heard much on thr reviews for this pipe, but its got to be better than stock.

250. im buyin a running concord xke that is running for 275. shit man, you crazy. no but really, you know how many places ive looked for those???? even on this site, no luck!

as far as that pipe goes, i haven even seen it for sale, only in some modding info for sachs somewhere. i saw some other derbi pipes, but they were way different style.

i think this ferracci usa is the gianelli distributor. but they dont got no pipes that look like the derbi i saw.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Auspuff-Racing-Giannelli-HERCULES-PRIMA-4_W0QQitemZ260354466189QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorrad_Kraftradteile?hash=item260354466189&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1121%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Sorry, forgot the link. There is alweays a few for sale on Nazi-bay. The thing is though is like yeah, 50 E is like whAT? 70 bucks? Thats cool, but oh wait, shipping is like another fifty bucks, oh, now your ooking at a 120 dollar pipe, which is pretty steep, ya know?

gianellis blow goats. use a puch techno boss and a rubber hose coupler. much prettier too.

treats has those same pipes, i think 1977 got em too.

but i was talkin about a straight pipe tho. gainelli also has some estoril style as well, on ferracchi.com

the rubber hose coupler? mas informacion por favor.

Been off the net for a few days- let me catch up.

Forward facing carb looks weird, but works well.

A delorto 15 in the stock location means that you have to take the carb off to adjust the idle.

Chinese knock offs have weird jets.

At the Portland rally one guy (from Reno) was running a 15 mm carb, a peugeot pipe from treats and was in the middle/front of the slow group. I was at the back of that group with a stock carb w 58 jet, and a clean air filter.... and my gianelli that was shaking itself to death. I weigh 220#

what pugeot? the simonini snail joint? i know they work real fn good... but im not into the snail pipe look. i did notice for the first time the dual pipes? kinda sick, red white and blue only. my g3s white so, maybe?? they look short like they sit under the engine. but dunno.

white g3 lemme see!

Heres that setup on my budget G3. simple.

1233888833_sachs.jpg

thats that black gianelli snail? i hear they wanna rattle loose. but who knows. did it come with the engine mount hardware an all? and who from?

sorry, no digital camera access....its white wirh red striping and it says lazer on the tank. bj@handybikes said its a eagle. only 250ish miles on it for an 82.

what is that weird grinding type noise? My makes that noise also but I am assuming it needs new bearings.

Wep, ginelli, noisy sucker. I got it second hand but im going to weld a bracket to tie it into the motor mount.

so i take that as a no on the mounting hardware. suck! i dont have access to that shit. i gotta get a friend to do it. im trying to find the "easiest mod pipe" feel me....

See the Idle screw on the delorto?

Yeah- that's why you flip the intake around. I'll take pictures of my mounting solution.

Oh, that 2 chamber pipe from treats is cool looking and not so great. The chambers are tiny, and if you use it on a peugeot, it mounts up well, but hits the pulley when the engine variates .

It's loud and cool looking- don't know what kind of performance gain it actually gives.

whats a good pipe for the 5051d ? pair it with a 16mm carb and i bet itll get 45+

I just adjust it with my fingers or a long screwdriver...easy enough.

Mike Sova,

If you do have a D motor, and 85/12/104 carb (not the /101 carb) and the good stock pipe........get the sprocket I told you (In your e-mail) I have on my eagle II and you will do damn near 40 all day everyday, for sure 35 +, even if you do weigh more than I do. It's all about tuning the set up you have. I wouldn't go waste any money on a carb and pipe unless you have a small header pipe and the 101 carb.

Will, that carb you mention, is that the stock square bing that came with it?

Yes....It does come stock on certain bikes, I believe your G3 should have one. One real easy way to know for sure is to look at the carb and read the stampings that are on the side. There will be a set of numbers just as I posted....85/12/101 or 85/12/104 or you may have an even different set of numbers. Look and it will tell you for sure.

-Will

I got some sachs westlake sidecovers if you want them

im lookin for the ones like those on the bike @ the top of the page that say G3 on em. not the lower ones.

i think the ones he's talking about are basically the same.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account