General Five Star Speed

OK what does your Five Star do stock?? 25 30 35?? Anyway let me know. I am fixing one up and would like to leave it pretty stock and am just wondering what speed I am looking forward to. Slow as dirt or slower??? Pipe and a carb???? Speed

Re: General Five Star Speed

I own a 85 5 Star TE. I haven't done anything except gone through the steps of restoring it. Just want to get it running the way i want before i tear it appart to paint it. carb is stock Del 14:12 with 52 jet. Minarelli power plant and original exhaust. my speedo goes to 40 and when i take off the factory air filter i can go faster than the speedo.

what motor do you have in it?

Stock Minarelli 40??

More like 30-35 tops...

32-34 on the v1 with the 44 tooth rear and the 14.12 carb with a 52 jet

I have had several bikes

fred

with the filter and air box on 35

with out the filter and air box over 40

52 jet,42 sprocket. I dont know the differences between the different V1s out there but i think i have a 2 speed where the engine fan is the small one with a part# 80.0108.0

I'm going to up jet to a 56-58 and use a K/N filter RC-1250 and see what happens.

my old CEV speedo will bury the needle past 40 when in actuality I'm only going 36...

Hmmm if you didnt know. Running without a airfilter will most likly hurt the engine. NO SUCH THING AS A 2 SPEED V1. Get a manual.

He is a picture of the transmission. The manual is here

"Manual": http://mopedriders.org/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=23

1233394453_picture_056_small.jpg

What size friont sprocket? Still find it hard to believe with a 42 rear... Yeah moped speedos are worthless, I have never used one!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account