Re: garelli bad dudes

what kind of kit is that?

All that welding is just extra weight?!

nooo ..

11 tooth is the biggest you can go..

that looks like 15-16

the kit 70cc polini.. with widened transfers on the kit and case ..

looks like ...

whats your rear sprocket ?

The best blasting feature of this bike is an allen bolt located inside the piston. Super secret Garelli tuning trick!

is that a one speed?

i was working on a bike with a similar setup and the stupid rubber clutch is so crappy. The oil is called cool blue or something and its zero weight, it worked wonders.

yikes

I dig it, is that a 13 or a 14? what'd you do about that case interference? not slinging chain grease on to your electronics are you? also, you still want that avanti shit?

Hell yeah Zack! I'll E-mail you, coming right up.

Steve....explain this allen bolt in the piston thing...

I was thinking about doing the same thing to the transfers. The back two are almost hidden but there isn't any room to cut it open. Did you have to mill down the cylinder base and then build up the case high enough to open them all the way up? Didn't see any other way to still have gasket area. Good work btw.

14 tooth sprocket.

The added material to the cases is due to overporting on the cylinder transfers (too wide).

Overporting=Me.

Fixing the cases=Nate.

I had to put extra gaskets in because of too high of compression (at high RPMs the piston was hitting the head (even after a grinding down of the squish area).

how do u solve the rubber clutch + kit = broken all the time issue?

yeah, i'm curious about that one too, the malossi NOI i built eats clutches like a mother.

We were just having a discussion about the infamous rubber clutches last night at the shop. Here you go...

I have (had) five Garelli motors: three 2-speeds and two 1-speeds. All of them except for my one bone-stock VIP have kits on them and I've run the shit out of those throughout the years. Never have I ever had a problem with the clutches breaking, shredding, or swelling, etc. I use Non-Detergent 30 weight and always make sure there's plenty in there, and that's the only thing I can think of that's saving them.

I will say that the little rubber knobs that are on the clutch engagement plate are shit, though (bandits, holla).

yeah, those knobs are total shit, but you can just replace them with fuel line and you're back in business. easy.

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

keep close attention to your oil and yer fine.

also, fuckin radical!

yeah, yeah, yeah. the real question: can drink a half gallon of whiskey, and then ride yer garelli with NO LIGHTS, across the Golden Gate Bridge, at night?

oh, and with no brakes, too. forgot about that part.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Was that off or across the Golden Gate Bridge?

Brodeo did it. It was awesome.

brodeo put a Tomos front wheel on his Garelli. Brodeo with brakes! the world will never be the same.

Chris Hernandez /

I was right next to him, you forgot to mention when we were on the freeway.

What oil are you using for kitted Garellis

30 ND = win all year long.

awesome

i got extra starting pins if anyone is shredding those

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account