Re: Pictures (Tootsie Roll edition)

Of course .. you can make it fit.

What luke said, it should not be too hard to get what you need.

Well, Buck removed the cylinder and cleaned around the exhaust port and ...

Ohh boy, looks like someone tried drilling a new bolt hole AT AN AGLE, thereby screwing up the original.

Buck's idea is to clear some more cooling fin away, drill a new hole for the bolt and mount a Tomos-compatible pipe (Tecno Bullet, perhaps?) to the exhaust. Thoughts?

ANGLE, even

If the holes are messed up you can always go up a size. I would assume that the studs were an M6. You can tap a m7 hole. Morinis in generally have exhaust studs that are really close together, which make it more difficult to just bolt on a pipe with a big header, because there is not room to put fit the exhaust nut between the stud and the header. I would say you can go with alan bolts strait into the cylindar. I think that a tomos or a benassar or even a puch can be made to work.

Buck's leaning Tomos, because it mounts up on the right side and isn't as expensive. Bearing in mind he plans to kit someday, is the Benassar a better value? Or which Tomos pipe would be best for a year of stock use followed by a kit later on?

here is the diagram of the bolt holes on the right side of the port on KZ's photo.

didnt work, try this...

damn it...

1233346390_predicament.jpg

I'm just waiting for the barrage of prank image replies.

haha thats weird. why would someone drill another hole?

well yes morini exhaust bolts are very close together. maybe you can fix this problem once and for all for yourself and spread them out?

couldnt you some how fill in the holes with welds of some sort then re-drill in for the tomos holes? that sounds like a spify idea

Which brings us to the original question: What type of pipe should Buck be tossing on this biatch?

I got a nice stock cylinder off my sebring if you may need it.

Tomos pipe= more work. Tomos pipes have a angled mount, Morini cylinders exhaust mounts are flat. You need a flat mount exhaust. Minarelli pipes would work the best(right side and flat mount). Drill new holes farther apart to accomodate the bigger spacing of the header and dremel the fins of the jug to make it fit.

How would you fill in the old bolt holes though? what kind of welder would that require?

Luke: For the worst mechanic of the year, you're pretty bright.

I'm guessing you don't fill the old holes. They become irrelevant when you add new ones.

but like wont the spot you make your new holes be overlapping the void space of the old bolt holes?

I suppose it depends on the difference in placement. I e-mailed Benji about the spacing between the holes and the width of the flange.

benji is a god.

He's a pretty righteous dude.

Before Buck orders a Bennasar pipe, can someone explain the spring mount technology?

I am better with ideas, than tools( though I am getting better). I usually get other people to help me do difficult tasks.

Luke, got the Dremel, and took care of the threading of the exhaust port, smooth as a baby's bottom now. Just waiting on the pipe to tell where the studs need to go. I LOVE the Dremel, its like a toy more than a tool.

Jeremy, bought the drill bit and tapping di to make the new holes a little larger. Should I try filling the old holes that are slanted and whatnot. Didnt know if you think it would make it easier/better for the jug. I should have the new pipe by friday, then im going home to my parents, where my dad has a drill press, so that way it is perfectly placed. Its like surgery, so I want to make sure its perfect....

Thanks guys!

Hey buck, did you try to add me on facebook? Someone tried to find me and added my lil bro instead, since i'm listed as kohis school'z. haha and there was mopeds in the guys profile so i was wonderin..

Performance pipe for Motomarina Sebring

yea i did, haha

Re: Performance pipe for Motomarina Sebring

Anna and Zen...

ZEN works great, take a little bit to hit, but once you hit the sweet spot in the mid, it really picks up and hauls some ass... Need to do a little more detail work, but Anna is ready for rallies!! WOOT WOOT!!

Re: Performance pipe for Motomarina Sebring

call me crazy.... but i rattle canned my zen pipe with ceramic auto exhaust paint. Hits a little lower now

looks great, btw! your ped :)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account