Motobecane AV 10 Cylinder Stud Source?

I'm building up a moby 50V with a 70cc AV 10 and am having some serious trouble finding cylinder studs. AV 7 studs will fit if you install them upside-down but then it's impossible to find nuts or a tap to make nuts.

Anyone know where these can be sourced?

I'd also be game for using studs from another engine. Anyone know of an engine that uses 5" long studs with M7x1 threads on both ends?

Thanks a ton for the help and see you at a so-cal rally when she's done.

Re: Motobecane AV 10 Cylinder Stud Source?

the studz n nutz from your AV7 silly!

www.la-becanerie.com is a great place for any other hard to find av10 parts, just make large orders (combine with your friends!) and international shipping will not be that bad.

yeah i need to find some too for my polini case. Peter he's talking about the cylinder studs not the case bolts, and yes, they're different.

hmmmmmm when i got my polini cases in 06 they came with em. timeza changin!

you can use vespa studz and nutz from treats. although you will be short one. or use peugeot studz n nutz. they are both m7x1 on both sides.

:)

hardware store and an av7

cylinder studs. not case bolts.

yeah cylinder studs from an av7 duh, and case bolts from a hardware store.

thats what i said!

sheesh

god damnit the av7 cylinder studs are too big on the case end to thread into a polini av10 case, at least mine and a few others anyway. maybe differences in years?

i blame both the italian and the french.

For those that trusted that I'm not an idiot, thanks a ton! You dudes rock.

For those that think I'm too stupid to try AV7 studs and nuts, let me be more specific: The AV7 case is threaded M7x1.5 (extremely rare thread pitch) and has M7x1.0 nuts. The Polini AV 10 case which I have is threaded M7x1.0. This means that if you use AV7 studs, they must be installed up-side-down and you must find M7x1.5 nuts, which as far as I can tell don't exist.

Also, I switched my case bolts to 1/4-20, since metric sucks ass.

since metric sucks ass.

How dare you! It's the US suppliers that 'suck' for their unwillingness to adapt to the rest of the worlds measurement system!

But ya, the French loved to be difficult with their parts.

oh save it mark.

i also used 1/4-20 stainless bolts for my cases.

I just think it would be odd to have 7 1/4-20 bolts on an otherwise metric bike. But also M7 bolts aren't very common anyways. So I guess it's a trade.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account