Re: SHA Air Filter Mod on Wiki

i just did this to mine. fantastic idea.

thanks bunches chris!!!

You lost the entire air filter element? I was going to use this K&N filter that I paid 40 bucks for, but it just looks so stupid.... I only have one SHA filter... if you can get another air filter element I have more of the mesh high flow filter material that you can have... We should have one laying around at the shop. Right?

I just fabricated a scotch brite pad for my air filter... but I noticed it sheds little green fibers or flakes if you rub it. I'm thinking of NOT using it because it will be introducing green grit into my intake. Not happening. Argh, need to find some kind of foam.

Maybe you just want to put a layer of pantyhose between two metal mesh layers?

- Joe

treats has stuff. or go to any motorcycle shop and buy some filter material, they sell it in sheets.

They didn't have any loose foam stuff left at the local moto shop. The had lots of $30 uni filters I could cut up though. I'll figure this out at some point - I got it jetted good with the metal for now.

You can go to NAPA and get filter foam for lawn mower carbs for cheap.

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

what if you just take out half of the screens and reassemble the filter? my tomos wants to go faster, but is being held back by the stock air filter. is a 60 big enough for this mod?

I put two layers of cotton tshirt material on mine with the hoop clamp and had to upjet to 67.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account