how much speed would

a 70cc speed kit add to my moped, approx.?

also, if you guys know anyother mods i could put on for more speed that would be cool too.

Re: how much speed would

As luck would have it you are a 15 year old kid from Jersey. Just get a biturbo pipe and some nitrous and you should be hitting low 90's easy and have a 0-60 of under 3 seconds

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

well, cc's = MPH. around 70 is a good guess

i already have a biturbo pipe haha.

i can get my moped up to 37, with some intense speed wobbles haha.

i need moaaar speeed.

how much speed would

Here, this link" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

will tell you what you need to know to get started.

After that, then try this one

Of all people, I did not expect that from you, Bry.

Kudos.

Fix your rolling gear b4 you upgrade your engine. Speed wobbles at 37 are an indication of something terribly wrong with the frame. Kitting your engine to go faster would be asking for disaster.

And a 70 kit can add anything between -37 to +50 MPH depending on how good you are with tuning engines. Don't forget that a 70 kit alone doesn't do the trick. You need to upjet (Change your carb to a bigger one if you ride with the stock one), probably change your ignition timing and it's always good to finish the ports in the cylinder and match the cases.

Read the wiki, it's a good start. And seriously, fix your frame (Forks, bearings, wheels etc.) b4 you do anything to speed it up. Speed wobbles at 37 are one thing, speed wobbles at 55 can and probably will cause you to wipe out.

wobbles at 37 mph isnt normal?

i mean, its just a stock '04 tomos lx, besides the biturbo pipe, and stock, the bike should only do 30.

when i went to 37, i was really pushing it to see how fast it could go, i didnt really think anything of wobbles, i thought that was the result of me pushing the bike further than i should have.

and cc's=mph?

a stock tomos has a 50cc engine, and it goes 30 max.

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

i know. but you can make it go 50 with 50cc's. it was a joke

this was helpful, thanks guys.

No, speed wobbles are not normal. Especially not at 37 MPH. If you're going 60 MPH and your ped wobbles a bit, ok... That's normal but at 37 it should be just as stabile as it is at 10.

It really depends on what other mods you have. A kit might only get you 2-3mph if you don't do anything else. If you get a kit , you need a pipe (but you already said you have a biturbo and that works) when you bought a biturbo, you got what you payed for. There are more expensive pipes that will go faster. You need to rejet, and you should get a larger carb so that you don't sieze your kit. I don't own a tomos, so I'm not really the person to talk to about them, but I'm willing to help with any general 2 stroke tuning questions.

P.S. you can increase your speed with some loss to lowend by changing your gearing. Mill the head to increase your lowend.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account