Re: moby porting ?

finny /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

The 'fast' cylinder is not that fast at all...

I never calculated the port timings or mapped them but I assume it was a 25mph cylinder. It had an intake that was the same size as the one on my B speed motor, fitting the 9mm stubby intake perfectly (idk if the larger bendy intake had a larger opening, but on the before pic on that site, his looks MUCH larger then mine stock) and the transfer ports are the same shape and size. I snagged the cylinder from a pile at the kzoo 1977 moped fire sale and didn't know it's history.

The cylinder transfer ports appear to have similar width to the stock ports in the French article so they might be the same. I cant get any measurements from it now (all bolted together and not redoing that).

Talk to Jesse S. about porting out the moby to specific timings, that way you no longer have to talk about raising them X mm anymore just degrees. Still have to figure out optimum width another way...

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account