Hows my porting?

how does my porting look? ok?

1231283780_dscn0203.jpg

Hows my porting?

Turn the macro function on. Take new photo. Post that photo.

(turn the dial to the flower)

Re: Hows my porting?

Take a look at the picture i posted ^ .

I still would like to see it in focus to get a better look. - Joe

1231288111_dont_match.jpg

click on the tiny picture to enlarge it. - Joe

D -

F- at best.

Macro photography isnt that hard.

nor is taking the time to take away all the material to the ramp on the port, not just skimming away on top. Seriously, you kept the basic shape at the bottom, that is a no no! Get to work and take the top shape of the port all the way to the ramp!

You can go as deep or as shallow as you want. Just ramping it at the lip to match the gasket is fine. But the matching is important, and typically those designs are symmetrical.

start all over again.......

This video sucks but it might be helpful.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="

&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I don't see any porting at all, just case-matching ;)

did you use a gasket to trace it first? it could be the angle of the pic, but it looks all kinds of fucked up. you want to to be even and smooth, all the way to where it ramps in to the crankcase. i attached a pic of my case match if it helps.

1231298109_polinicasematch.jpg

the guy in that video sounds like bill from freaks and geeks.

oh ok, i didnt know you could go all the way to the end...

heres another picture

1231304152_dscn0206.jpg

this side isw kinda fucked, should i just go straight down and ramp it to the case at the very end?

1231304332_dscn0205.jpg

you need new cases dude. that left transfer is way too fucked to run. for future reference, you absolutely need to cut the top transfers all the way back to the crank case. i would ramp the side transfers gradually back to where i marked in the pic. the rest of your work (on your blog) looks good. pick up some new cases, do some researching on case matching and then give it another go.

if you use those cases your going to travel to LEAK CITY... i would recommend using and new set of cases.

You can run that. I seen way worse port jobs.

Dont need new cases.

You can add Devcon to fill areas if you go to deep.

Hit me up if you need more help Dylan.

it's the attached picture that has me worried. you can see by the bottom left case stud a lot more material was removed than what the gasket covers. you probably _could_ run these, but with the 4 petal polini setup you're matching for i don't think you would want to. why run a fucked up case matching job on an awesome top end? if you're going to put all that money into parts, make sure you do the rest right too.

1231344906_porting.jpg

Some of you guys should apply at the local butcher's shop to work at so you may save money for new cases.

very true, if yall wanna find me a case to use then show me, of not im ganna try and run this....i do wish i was more patient with it when i started, oh well...i guess you learn from mistakes, i think this will run ok, the picture makes it look different then it actually is, the outside line goes right to the gasket, so we'll see

do you think this could still be ported and case matched for a METRA 80?

seeing that you have to go even further for that?

metra 80 is a whole different game.

if your porting turned out like that, i wouldnt reccomend trying 80 kits.

i wasnt going to do it myself, i was seeing if i could still use this case for an 80, if so ill prob ship it to 77 to have them do it

if so i will search for another case and use this one for the 80 project next

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account