Re: Why does she hate to start with a filter on?

Mike Thomas /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Thanks allen, but the 110 was needed to get some chocolate love on the plug, otherwise it was gray...carb clean does not turn up a leaks either.

I did however put a 15.15 on it for fun and she runs good, but still bogs at the bottom.....

This leads me suspect it is more of a clutch issue. Even at the lowest of Idle rpm the bike wants to lurch. The clutch just engages too soon, probably bogging the engine. Im running full synthetic 20w50, but upon reading another post I seriously doubt that the oil viscocity thickens at our operating temperatures. Im going to search out some straight up 40w or 50w tomorrow and see if that helps. I even sanded the clutch some. I might see if I can find a used clutch. I got the bike with a new one already in it.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account