Why does she hate to start with a filter on?

Mike Thomas /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

This is on my Garelli SSXL. Polini, 19mm intake and carb, 110 main, 42 Idle, W9 needle. This thing just wont start with a filter on...E12 or UNI. I think the e12 is lame because its affect on top end (learned this from minarelly), and the UNI is OK. This engine slobbers fuel right off idle but Im running a 42 idle/pilot jet??? According to the PHBG wiki, the adjustment area of my screw (being all the way in/closed) indicates that I need a smaller idle jet, but I have never heard of anyone really running smaller than a 45? I really want to love this bike, she is sexy, smart, loving, but is a bitch to tune (oh and her clutch is reaaal tight adding to the tuning difficulties). Im going to switch to a 35 idle and w6 needle in the next few days but???

1230772150_jizz.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account