Batavus Head Mill?

On an M48 how far can I safely I mill down the cylinder? And I've heard I can go to a NAPA to get the mill job done as long as I specify how far they should mill, anybody confirm this?

Re: Batavus Head Mill?

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

LOOK search & read

Fast Bat out

There are like, oh I don't know, friggin 20 different recommended heights to head mill at if you "look, search & read."

There's this... although yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if 20 people give you 20 different answers. Mopeds are like that a lot of the time. :)

Or my old wike post.

Cut top of cylinder .024". (Note: Dome of piston should rise 1mm or .039 inches above cylinder at TDC This should give 16.6mm or 0.655 inches (NO LESS) between the top of the piston dome and the fin side/top of the cylinder head where the spark plug gasket sits on top of head at hole. (You can use a tire tired depth test to gauge it if you cut into the sides to fit. This is good for for timing too.)

Mill head. To set gap, mill ??mm off head -- the tip of the spark plug must be 1mm (0.039 inches) (or more) away from the top of the piston dome at TDC. You're looking for an approximate compression ratio of 9.4:1 to 9.6:1 Max.

Fast bat out

That settles it then, I'm installing a Dellorto 13:13 SHA, head milling of .024 inches, and putting on one of those UNI AirFilters. I'll report back if I have any luck...good or bad that is.

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

You can easily do it yourself. Check the Hobbit head thread on how to do it.

You need to cut both cylender and head .

Is your Bat a 20 25 or 30 MPH ?

FIRST cut the cylinder down till you have the tip of the piston dome rising above the cylinder 1mm /.039" to 1.5mm /.059 MAX at TDC .

Don't cut top fin more then 20%.

CK head gap mill as kneaded to get tip of plug to tip of piston 1mm /.039 min at TDC.

Fast Bat out

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account