the polini warping issue

i soft seized my polini a few months back. for xmas i got a new piston. when i did the test to see if it would just fall through, to my disapointment it didn't. it actually took a pound or two of force to push it through. is my kit fucked? i really hope it isn't. and by the way the ring was off, and it still got "stuck". does anybody have any insight?

Re: the polini warping issue

was there aluminum left on the cylinder wall after the seize that needs to be removed?

ya there is still a bit on there. i treid to polish it out but i have been having a hard time. any suggestions?

emery cloth dude. sand it off. your shit is not warped.

SAND IT OFF. aint no thing. why am i so pissed off?

Also be careful tightening the intake/reed cage down, as we have learned.

Are honing tools hard to find? I remember a machining dude did a cylinder of mine once - an expanding 3-arm honing thing that goes on your drill. A few revs of that (instead of hand sanding) to make sure it is still an perfectly round clean up job.

Just take some sandpaper and sand the alu off. It will hardly effect the nikasil. No out of round to be considered.

I've siezed the fuck out of my polini twice due to lack of tuning experience. Had to hammer the piston out both times after using PB Blaster for over an hour and still had to hammer the piston harder than anyone would believe to remove it. The second time the piston and ring were reusable. Sanded down the scratch marks on the piston with 400 and 600 grit and hit the cylinder with 150, then 400, and honed it with WD40 and 600 grit. That bitch still has unbelievable torque and I will never buy any other Puch kit unless I go 80 Metra or Gila. Sand it and it should be solid. Good luck!

The 150 was strictly for the aluminum left on the cylinder wall.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account