metra install

alright guys i ripped off my e50 today and started tearing it down. I got everything down to the strator pulled so far. Anyone want to shoot me any pointers for me. I ordered dmp crank with new seals and bearings today, so hopefully i will have this done soon. I am not too sure if i am throwing a 19mm phbg on there, yet. Oh yeah i was thinking of getting jets ranging from 68-74 for my 16.16. you guys think that sounds about right? It has a tecno Boss too.

Re: metra install

Case match it and follow the directions on this "rebuild" guide (below). Also, use the spreadsheet (below) to figure out carb size and jet range based on your setup, etc (jetting is variable so figure out the general range, buy a lot of jets, start high, tune from there. good luck.

e50 rebuild: http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Rebuild_a_Puch_E50_Engine

Performance spreadsheet:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p_Ysahl1B79WHMUBbvCzNfg

aaron(zeo) /

i have read both of those millions of times. I was just looking for extra tips that have not been mentioned in the wiki. Also I was looking for verbal conformation on the spreedsheet. I don't mean to come off as a dick or anything but thats how i got that jet range. I am also following a very detailed puch book. thanks for the lead though. I have been reading up on kitting and proformance for about a year now. studied all kits and setups. i think my setup will best for what i need.

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

do yourself a favor and put the 19mm on there, you will not regret it.

I second that notion , I run a 21phbg with my 65 metra . Runs like a scolded cat .

aaron(zeo) /

yeah that is deffinetly going to come. i really want to put the 16.16 on my tomos. Cool thanks and Motobee i really didn't mean to be a dick by what i said. i really do appreciate all input. I read over that and thought that might have sounded worde then i meant it to say.

Jet sizes will depend on your air filter too. If it is a super high flow filter you might need a jet size in the lower 80's especially in the summer.

I assume we're talking Metra 65 here.

I had this on an E50, with a SHA16.16, and a Proma GP. I don't remember what size the jet was, but I was thinking 80 or 82. Now, I don't think this is correct, because I'm running a 20mm PHBG, with an 84, and it runs rich whenever the main jet is open. It's like the choke is on.

The SHA16.16 is sitting on the shelf, so I'll have to pull it apart, and see what jet I was using when I get a chance.

While I'm thinking about it, are the jets the same between the SHA16.16, and the 19 or 20mm PHBG?

yes. the main is at least.

Aaron(zeo) /

well i couldn't find a filter at treats. I think i might run down to a high proformance store and buy one. Half of the store is awesome airfilters for everything and the other half is rims and exhausts. I am sure they will have something to fit. If not i am running panty hose filter.

Mopedwarehouse has one.

It looks like the high-flow filter for Bing, but fits the PHBG.

Right now, I'm running rich, but using the stock air filter element. IDK if the high flow one will lean it out.

For the SHA16.16, maybe one of those huge OKO filters from Treats will fit. I just trashed the original plastic thingy, and bent the wire to hold the element in.

Sorry, have you decided which carb yet?

I think a 74 jet should be about the leanest you should order. I am running a 74 in my 50cc tccd and 16mm phbg. I would get a range of about 74-84. That will give you some room

The OKO intake from treats is just a little too small to fit the SHA. I snapped a pic and attached it.

I got a chance to pull apart the SHA16.16, and I had a #72 jet in there.

I used some tubing and a fernco coupling to put the stock filter element on the 20mm PHBG, and it was running rich. When the high flow PHBG filter showed up in the mail, I had to upjet.

Good call on the scolded cat thing. Yeah, throw the 19mm PHBG on there : D

1231037448_dscn1112r.jpg

damn i was thinkin about that air filter for my SHA.

well looks like ill have to go elsewhere..

Anyone have any crazy porting experiences with the 65 metra?

I heard you can do some crazy stuff.

I haven't really ported at all on mine yet and am wondering if I should take it off and get to it.

yo, i got the 65 metra, techno boss, 19mm dellorto, and have just put it together.Used a hi-flow bing filter. just cut and threw on a hose clamp. also case matched. Main-82 Idle-52 Other-60, just off the top of my head. cool??? or not...

That baby with new clubmans, same seat, but lowered, and ditched the broken rack.

1231118035_dsc01441.jpg

those carbs are too big for that kit to run efficiently (over-carb'ing). 16mm phbg would be perfect! dont be fooled!

there is nothing wrong with running a 19mm carb.

or a 21mm as long as you dont worry about gas mileage , Mine sucks , gas that is

My friend is breaking in the same setup 16SHA stock filter metra65 techno bullet. 73 was lean hes got a 77 now. I would start with at least an 80 if your breaking in. Ive gone though two different filters a k&n style and a short uni style. Gotta look around.

derbeez ryderz /

i had that kit. don't listen to that dude about over carbing. a 19-21mm phbg will make this kit rip

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account