does this sound odd...

So i've got my alukit installed running a uni, estoril, sha 1412 with a 66 jet and it's spitting fuel from the exhaust. The plug looks a little rich but it seems to me after looking at the spreadsheet that a 66 jet on a kit should be on the lean side and i'm worried if i go any lower it's just going to be trouble. Before i installed the kit i was running a 61 and the plug chop was right on the money.

On other question while i'm at it. I'm waiting on a hi comp 70cc head and read the other day that you should down jet again with a hi comp head, is that right or should i leave it, run the head and hope it evens out?

does this sound odd...

With basically the same setup (Technigas, Airsal, and a straight intake) my SHA 1412 ran well with a 58 jet.

I have recently upgraded to an SHA 1515 with the intake bored to match and am running it with a 66 jet. However, I'm still tuning this.

Re: does this sound odd...

I think i got it figured out, i'm pretty sure my mixture was off and it wasn't burning it off fast enough. I'm going to run it with the 66 for a while then do some more plug chops when the weather warms up a little.

I've still got some fluid coming from the exhaust but it's probably residuals. Oh my new head should be here tomorrow so we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the input

I just built up my Alukit on my A35 today. Same setup, estoril, stock intake, 14.12 carb, hi flow air filter and it was running well with a 70 jet. It's pretty icy around here and the back tire is pretty much bald, so I didn't do too much riding around, but all seemed well. Plug was dry and gray after running for a bit and idling for about 15 minutes.

You cant tell if its rich by running it on the kickstand, it has to be running under load because the engine will not rev up as fast and will not be able to deal with the extra fuel if there is too much...

I'll run it around some more tomorrow, do a plug chop and get back to you.

Eric, your idle adjustment seems to be lean if your plug is gray.

when fuel comes out of the exhaust it's usualy not mixture, i think it would hav to be incredubuly rich to even notice some drops. I'd check and adjust your float. it soulds to me like it's flooding

Hippy, I got that bike sorted out, turns out it was residual from previous flooding. The tomos runs good now, mid 40's (maybe more) all day long.

John Joedicke /

60 to 62 is all you need with that setup using a 12/12 SHA

Yeah, I took it around on a nice long ride and did a real plug chop. Plug still looks the same. I have the high flow filter on, so I'm getting as much air through as I can with the current setup, and I'm running what the consensus believes to be a jet that's a few sizes too big. What kind of plug is recommended for this setup? My only thought is that the plug is too cold. Help?

Any suggestions on what kind of plug I should be using with this setup? I did some searching and checked the wiki, but found no mention of what kind of plug people are running in their alukit setups.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account