tuning sachs

So i bought a exspansion chamber for my sachs engine. As soon as i put it on it went slower than stock. so i upjetted and it went even slower. i dont have and airbox or filter. Do i have to down jet?

Re: tuning sachs

Well it sounds like you may be running lean now. Did you check for airleaks? Is it going slow at the take off? One time on my Commuter the airbox unscrewed itself from vibrations and I had the shittiest take off ever. Maybe try putting your hand a little bit over where and air filter would go to see if that helps. If it does then you should probably add an airfilter or make one out of panty hose. If that doesn't work then adjust your jetting and needle position.

Im pretty sure im running crazy rich. its very slow to take off and im maxing out at like 18 or 20. where would i check air leaks?

Yes everyone says upjet with pipes. Dont listen, they make sachs richer! down jet a couple sizes. look at your plug, i bet its all black.

thanks dude

yeah most of the time sachs run kinda rich stock cause they are trying so hard to blow all the exhaust out of that shitty exhuast ( especially if you have one of those resricted ones )

Regardless plug chops dont lie. Follow that.

what would happen if i cut the inner header pipe that slides into the exspansion chamber a little shorter?

Thats prolly your problem...my header goes up to the expansion chamber and no further!

Also, you need to run an air box of some sort to properly tune it...

First off you need to specify how much you upjetted and what pipe you put on yr sachs. what engine, what carb (square bing, dellorto, etc. -a lot of possibilites) it sounds like you put a biturbo 2 piece on their from what you've written i dunno. if that is the case those need to upjet a lot more than other pipes. they are shitty inefficient high end pipes who need a lot of upjetting. The "rich" sachs pipes are only gianelli pipes -they are rich because they are efficient circuit pipes, thats why. those pipes are nothing like the biturbo (again assuming -what pipe do you have) regardless....that being said, i agree with maggie. all yr conditions sound very very lean. lean on the top and lean on the bottom. i would also say you might have a slight exhaust leak somewhere since the new element is the pipe. ive seen a lot of peole with retrofitted pipes have trouble sealing either at the flange or the two piece connection. that can cause super lean connections. the best thing you can do is test for air leaks, make sure everything is sealed on the exhaust, give us some more info.

trying to help you jet won't really be useful until we know your full setup.

good luck dude.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account