Motobecane and Peugeot Expansion Exhausts Wiki

I found a very informative thread over in French land about the various after market pipes for the Motobecane and Peugeot mopeds and decided to make a Wiki out of it.

http://www.ventilxp.com/forumv2.1/viewtopic.php?t=5071&sid=05cd6109cca7dc1534c49269dcf496e1

If you have any knowledge in French, please clean up the babel fish translation! It would be most appreciated by all!

Re: Motobecane and Peugeot Expansion Exhausts Wiki

i had been meaning to do this for about a year and a half, thanks buddy!

funky translation, but easy enough to get the jist of it. im glad he speaks so highly of G3s

Great job dude! Thanks!

le sic!

I did a little formatting and changed every time it said "pot" to "exhaust." I don't speak French at all, but I figured that given the subject matter of the article and the number of times "pot" appeared, that was probably an okay translation. If it isn't, someone let me know and I'll go back and change it.

fair assumption.

Thanks Linda, that was the correct assumption, I was just too damn lazy to go through and try and clean up some grammar. Great job on the formatting!

i love pot

this is excellent. looks like the doppler, ninja, an bidalot still win.

Only the real racing bidalot, he was not very found of the racing replica.

The word was probably supposed to be "pipe". Did you try google translation? I find it _beacoup mieux_ than babelfish.

someone decided to properly link the page on the wiki ;-)

Actually, I did look at the google translator version, and it sucks too. I dunno if the French version just isn't as good or what, but the Spanish version is waaaaay better. Then again, I don't use the Spanish one to translate moped forums.

It doesn't help that the grammar/spelling/punctuation aren't perfect in forums, nor that these translators aren't set up for translating moped jargon.

I can try go to through and make it sound a little less ridiculous. I don't speak French, but I have English down pretty well, and I'm getting better at speaking Moped. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but "high in the turns" = high revs, "in the low modes" = low revs, "kits 50" = 50cc kits, "cylinders of origin" = stock cylinders, and so on and so forth. Yes? I mean, it would still be better if we could get someone who actually speaks French to do it, but since nobody is volunteering themselves...

King Drunky JCams /

Sweet.

However, for a Motobecane newb I found it a bit too weird to decipher.

If it made more sense I think I could decide on a pipe for my stock 50V...

i sorta speak french i will give it a shot

I don't know where it is, but Bret posted an even better link one time. It had not only all the recently readily available pipes, but also discontinued performance stuff from the 90's...

here's kind of a segway from this topic... Treats has had a _lot_ of really interesting looking moby pipes lately. only a couple of them are addressed in this article... the g2, g3, and doppler are really it, and theres a pretty good deal of info on those pipes already.

Does anybody know _anything_ about these other pipes? suggested displacement, powerbands, etc? Theyre pretty damn reasonably priced, plus a lot of them hard mounted instead of swingarm mount, which keeps shit simple. shit, theyre kinda pretty too.

if i had money i'd buy a couple just to try em out, but unfortunately that isnt in the cards... anybody know anything?

...the performance pipes that they have are exactly the kind that were in the website I was referring to....Bret?

oooh thatd be nice..

"hard mount instead of swing arm mount"

us noobs need to know wth that means too! Those cheapy pipes on Treats do look cool - but will work with variated Mobys???

?

take a look at a g2 or g3. they mount at the cylinder (via the exhaust threads) and swivel mount at the swingarm. when the engine variates, it pushes the pipe back and the mount swivels to accomodate.

the other vintage pipes appear to mount at the cylinder, and then hard mount to the original exhaust bracket. this way when the engine variates the entire pipe moves with it... as with the stock pipe.

not that the swivel mount isnt a good idea, its actually a pretty clever solution... once pipes start getting big like the g3 or the doppler, you need to have a mount further back to support the weight. but having one less moving part is always nice to keep things tidy.

heres the pic of the g2 from the wiki... this pic is with the rear swingarm mount hardware attached, so you can get an idea of it... now imagine that on a moby.

!motobecane-simonini-pipe-vintage-line-MBK-moped.jpg!

and the simonini at treats. notice the mount is much closer to the header... theoretically that bolts up to the original exhaust mounts.

of course w/ hard mounted pipes there is no ball joint either... once again another moving part to not have to deal with.

wow super fail.

those simoninis look like they hang super close to the ground.

id have to see it installed but it doesnt look like itd hang too much closer than the stock blunderbuss...

all the more reason to try and get some more info on these babies.

lol that simonini looks like a pos pipe if u ask me

lol that simonini looks like a pos pipe if u ask me

I concur. Notice the shape of the header? It has 2 very harsh turns in it and a straight section, very bad for keeping the charge flowing well. There is no stinger to be seen, the baffles go straight into the silencer and the expansion chamber looks to small and simple to be effective. The entire pipe is just too short. I think there is a reason why the simonini pipes were discontinued long ago, they are crap. Simplicity is not a sign of a good expansion pipe.

If it made more sense I think I could decide on a pipe for my stock 50V…

If you have ported it out to the wiki specs, run the Kenji pipe. If stock, keep the stock pipe and port it!

Here is a good review of the Kenji pipe. I just realized that right after the ball joint on the pipe there is a 'pump', or an adjustable slide for the expansion chamber, allowing you to tune it for acceleration (shortest) or top end (longest setting on the slide).

http://www.mobcustom.com/2589-5-test-5-pot-kenji-a-pompe

Testimony of a member confirmed possssor of a MBK88:

Very good pot on engine origin (av7 prepared or av10 origin).

Profit: approximately 10 km/h and one very very good potato as of 20 km/h (real). The look is absolutely superb I find, it goes back to the end, and large t

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account