more lowend, V1 sebring w/ zen pipe

x d /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

so im in the process of tuning a sebring with the minarelli v1... picked up a zen pipe from treatshq. Lots of great midrange, top end increased a bit and low end increased a little... still very slow off the start and only starts to climb well around 10 mph till about 32-35.. then slowly increased to about 38-40 depending on weather temp.

I can feel that the ped just wants to keep climbing and plug chops show im running slightly rich...

I have a 14 SHA on it, all stock besides the pipe.

A bit confused about what to do... Pretty sure I should switch to a PHBG carb, more tuning options all across the power band.. but its a lot of cash and i want to get it right first. Not going to attach a kit to this moped.

Not really looking to change the sprockets - but I guess I can.

Any help offered is appreciated.. im new to tuning mopeds and am slowly learning the phsyics of it.

Picked up a garelli w/ 20mm pbhg, 70cc polini, homeo6p and slapped on a malossi horn air filter... been tuning that and gaining experience.

But thats about all the experience I have so far.. making sure that i dont seize with that kit :/

The sebring is my everyday runner though, super reliable, starts on the first pedal, amazing with gas (and a huge tank) and just trying to get more umph on the start...

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account