Re: V2 Owners?

Dammit! I already saw that photo. Lets see the variators installed. What belt does that use? Whats with the fins on the small pulley?

this is the best i could find. some dude took it with a crazy fish eye lens so its all distorted and not that detailed. haha fuck even the pedal is blocking the variator. haha. well, maybe i could coax maggie to take a quick good quality photo of the engine this weekend...

1229212769_c2.jpg

where did you find this engine!!!!!

im also curious about the v1h's....anyone have those?

so the v2 is pretty much a crank case with the variator on the crank, belt to the other pully on a jackshaft with a couple of reduction gears in an oil bath to a chain to the rear wheel?

i really want one.

I got it from Angelo in Italy.

They are very hard to come by from what I understand.

Rafter, I wanna see some crazy shit from you on the V2 for the Polini cup!

It should be a good motor when it's all together. I fear crank shearing. No replacement cranks for these guys.

I wish Tim would throw a kit on his bitch so we could get some basic knowledge.

V2 clutch looks crappy. It's like a Batavus. Kinda.

I gotta take more photos.

ive been really worried about shearing cranks too, especially now that ill be putting some power through them this next year. they look pretty well built. luckily mopedshop seems to carry c2 cranks but i dunno how uptodate the site it. i've been toying with the possibility of derbi variant crankshafts if they are the same stroke. just as a backup option. they look very similar to my crank. hell after you shim it right i bet you could just run a derbi variator with it as well. whats the v2 crank look like??? any pictures? tapered?

derbi/minarelli stroke differences?

I'm sure the strokes are close enough. Nate knows all the details. This I know: Puch kit works on V1. Puch Kit works on Derbi. So I would imagine Derbi Crank could be used with some work. Just need to check for width and stuff. May need some weird bearing sizes. Good idea. TJT would be sweet!

I just love this picture.

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ /

yeah, that picture is pure sex.

hot!

I would fuck it...

Minarelli = 43mm stroke

V2 Owners?

Rafter, do you know if the crankshaft is the same as any of these ones at handy bikes?

I will compare

one of those has to be a v2 and c2. thanks maria!

that was me logged in on my lady's puter.

i was wondering if the crankshaft with the r-v in the title was the right one. i can't think what "r-v" is supposed to mean. I guess I could always pick up the phone and call. It seems like one of those would have to work.

Bummer. None of those cranks look at all like the V2. :(

I'd still call and talk to BJ...

Handy Bikes has alot of stuff that still isn't catalogued/listed.

You never know!

Bummer indeed.

The Minarelli section of their website is one of the few that they did a lot of work on. I wouldn't be surprised if there is one sitting around there somewhere, though.

V2 crank

Re: V2 Frame

I have the frame started. 1987 Motomarina. Will have 16" Tomos mag wheels and a swing arm off what I think was a junk Testi.

V2 Bearings list for rebuild internals

CrankShaft bearings same size both sides 17x40x12

Seals both 17x35x8

Pedal shaft left side Seal 15x24x5

Pulley right side bearing 30x55x13

Seal 30x47x7

Transmission right side bearing in case no seal 12x32x10

Transmission drive sprocket side bearing 15x35x11

Seal drive side Sprocket 15x24x5

Enjoy! Anyone need any other inside case info hit me up before I put this back together.

Did you need any v2 crankcase/center gaskets.. .. :0)

Charles Flynn /

Here are some pics of the c2 equipped safari I'm in the process of buying. Was told that the c2 engine performs substantially better than the V2 and has full circle crank. This ped is geared high and can't keep the front wheel on the ground! Anyway he has some paperwork with the v2 Blueprints that I can see if I can get scanned if you want.

yea the chris bike. How much?

I would like a V2 Case Gasket. Then I don't have to cut one up myself.

That red Safari looks rad. But why not take a picture of the side we all really wanna see?

Who owns that Safari?

roadent$ craig /

im masturbating tonight

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account