V2 Owners?

Well, I made the first payment on my V2, and want to start lining up some information. How many V2 (Minarelli) do we have?

Tell me about your setups, stock, kit, frame, etc?

Re: V2 Owners?

Ahh hate you!*

as far as i know, rafter, salty, ffreddie, timr....all have v2s

btw, if yr mounting up a v2 to a v1 frame...

1228917918_minarelli_v2_mounting_measurements.jpg

nice diagram mark. i think it would take a little bit of work to put a v2 on a v1 frame. the engine mounting holes marked 185mm apart on mark's diagram are closer together on a v1.

i can't take credit for that diagram. freddie sent me that.

My V2 is stock except for LeoVince circuit (Puch model) and a 15mm Dellorto. I'm not really interested in kitting it. I have a Puch for going fast. Its pretty torquey as is, but it only get up to about 32. Its my pretty cruiser bike for zipping around my neighborhood or riding to the bar. WOT all day without having to worry about it can be nice. I'm going to put a new belt on it and try porting out a stock cylinder this winter to try and get it to 35. I'll be happy with that.

These pics are from before I put on the 15mm Dellorto and the 15mm Minarelli intake that they sell on 1977.

My wiener feels funny...

Got that diagram, thanks. Also the one showing the lower holes.

BTW, it'll probably make it's rally "debut" in Louisville, same as the Green Weenie did.

Looks good. I am gonna set it up stock, get it running decent, then put my 75cc Polini and Mamba on it.

What are your sprocket (front and rear) sizes?

This gives a few more measurements.

Bigger maybe?

14x32

It could go smaller than 32 though. Plenty of torque.

throw that treats 90cc kit on there

Not yet... 75 for now.

This motor is a rad design.

I am trying to figure out how to best modify it for race duty.

The dual variating motor is like having the best of all mopeds.

Plus you can put 90cc's on it if you want. Crazy shit.

I dunno what this will become but I have 4 months to get it done.

That's good to know. I was 12/44 on my kitted V1 and was getting a 42 ready for this project. Now I'll use the 32 that I already have. Picture of the V2 show either 13 or 14 teeth. Gearing must be different than a V1...

Keep us in the loop, man. I'd be interested in any reversable mods that can be done to this engine.

holy cow. what ped does that motor usually come standard on?

its on a lot of motrons.

Its on not very many Motrons. :)

yeah, rather i should have said, the few bikes its on are mostly motrons.

i really cant wait to see a kitted v2 btw. pushed to its limits.

I'm kinda excited myself. I want to run it stock first and get a feel for the motor. Then add the 75cc Polini and most likely the Mamba. I'm hoping there is sufficient low end torque with the variator to run some better gearing than I have with the V1. The V1 runs about 50mph with a lighter (than me) weight rider on it.

you can definitely gear high on these and still have awesome takeoff...

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

i know nothing about this engine. is that a internal variator, to another variator, then chain driven on the other side?

how does this motor work

That's four, I emailed them all... any more?

That's what I am hoping for.

chadb and i have c2s. i would love to race a polini'd v2 one of these days. or at least ride one to compare. hopefully this next riding season. i wonder what really separates a v2 from a c2 in terms of design/performance.

Grab some pictures of that C2 would you please?

i haven't had a camera in years. but this is an old picture when i was first rebuilding it.

1229208059_minarellic2reduced.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account