Performance forks on a Garelli SSXL?

You guys are going to get tired of all my questions popping up regarding this Super Sport build we're doing in my brother's basement....but does anyone know if there are cross over forks for the Garelli SS?

We measured the frame fork neck neck length and it's longer than a Magnum but about 3/4", maybe more. I had some Technix forks that I put on my Magnum that were longer than the frame tube but still clamped down alright. Can't find them online now.

Anything else pop to mind? The stock ones aren't bad, and not nearly trashed, but there's enough cosmetic damage that we're thinking 'upgrade'.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Performance forks on a Garelli SSXL?

Those garelli front forks are great on a moby.

I would keep them they are easy to take apart and reliable

1228879554_moby_on_deck.jpg

Cupermatt o /

got some tomos oil filled ones on mine. Kinda heavy but i like solid forks. Had to use tomos cups and bearings and sand the outside of the cups a little but other than that it went together fine.

1228891887_dsc00567.jpg

Fuck!! Matt, that looks rad!

Guess we're gonna get some Tomos forks. Already have Tomos mags for the bike, so the match up there should be fine.

Well.....shit. Time to hit the buy/sell forum. Or maybe find a dealer and order new. Thanks, man. Your project looks outstanding.

i just put some ebrs onto a garelli. i cut the steering tube down a little, about 1/4 from the top and a 1/4 inch from the bottom. thenn it went together pretty easy.

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

damn, those tomos ones look great. i might have to think about that. good job

I also have a SSXL and need to replace the fork. Do all Tomos forks' work on these? I am looking to probably buy a new one.

I got tomos forks on mine. and tomos wheels, even the rear shocks are tomos to make it a little taller. I don't remember the forks being a challenge at all.I think they actually came off a TX50, the tiny lil kids ones, but theyre basically same as other tomos forks and went straight on.

Old photo before it finished. I just sold it on Saturday. bye. shampoo press, get you out of my hair

20190108_223551.jpg

https://www.treatland.tv/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=peugeot-103-BLACK-EBR-forks

I put these on my SSXL, did require custom fitment for brake plate but otherwise was pretty easy.

Thanks for the reply guys! I will look at Tomis stuff for the Garelli. Too bad the linked fork isn’t in stock. Oh well.

Thanks again.

I just mounted these https://www.treatland.tv/puch-maxi-EBR-forks-p/ebr-hydro-max-26mm-445-fslash-195.htm

I ended up using a magnum length triple tree / head tube though I don’t know if you would need to. I also had to do some weird mix and matching of upper headsets I had around, ended up using one upside down.

49E150F5-4F2B-4158-B3B4-B81EC840FC41.jpeg
46FB5C9F-1823-47E2-8381-297AE7F9BEA4.jpeg

RingringBANG, I can't tell from the pictures. You have drum brakes right? If I buy this fork and I'm just hoping it would fit. They have a sale right now "pumpkinspice" till tonight at midnight. I think I might get this instead. It looks more like my current blown original rusty forks.

https://www.treatland.tv/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=puch%2DEBR%2Dforks%2Dmaxi%2Dblack&CartID=1

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

> Will G Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> RingringBANG, I can't tell from the pictures. You have drum brakes

> right? If I buy this fork and I'm just hoping it would fit. They have a

> sale right now "pumpkinspice" till tonight at midnight. I think I might

> get this instead. It looks more like my current blown original rusty

> forks.

>

> https://www.treatland.tv/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=puch%2DEBR%2Dforks%2Dmaxi%2Dblack&CartID=1

you will need to cut the tube on the bike to fit maxi headtube length forks. Find forks with a longer tube.

other guy used magnum tree which has a longer headtube(edited)

Yes, stock drum brakes.

Ask treats if they will swap you a magnum length headtube with the maxi length forks.

Also on this style triple tree you can always machine some thickness off to save you from cutting up the frame.

Treats sells “mini magnum” forks that are maxi length with a magnum triple tree. For the head set you just use two of the bottom cups for Italian bikes and a maxi upper race.

So I bought those forks but I can't get the fork nut off the old girl. I tried a torch. Does anyone have any suggestions to get the old nut off? I just ordered an impact socket because mine is too small. I'm guessing that's the only way to get it off?

Thanks.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account