Head Recommendations For 65cc Mertakit?

Like the title says. I wanna know what head to get for my 65cc metra. Help!

Re: Head Recommendations For 65cc Mertakit?

C'mon, y'all.

stock heads work fine!!

whaaa? the stock 50cc puch head works?

yup, mill it for high compression :P

Eric,

Where can I find an explanation of getting the head milled? I am not sure what I would need out of it...

would the hi-comp 50cc head i have laying around work?

yes, might need a head gasket though. also, make sure to use all base gaskets that came with the kit!!

ok thanks for the tip!

i got a 70 high comp head on mine and its fine

yea, any 50cc head will work. You don't have to mill, but it helps torque. 50cc HC heads are awesome.

cool.

Very cool

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

im suing the stock high torque head and its pretty rad

A while back, I got a metra 65cc and a 70cc "high compression" head and put it on an E50. I had to add 1 paper gasket, 3 of the aluminum base gaskets and the 70cc head gasket to get enough clearance on the head, otherwise the piston would hit.

I recently got another metra 65 to bolt onto a ZA50. I put it together today, and was suprised. The newer metrakit came with 3 gaskets that were sandwiched together. I put on a paper gasket, the triple aluminum gasket, another paper gasket, and then the cylinder. When I pushed the cylinder down, I could see there was a lot of clearance. I assembled the ZA50 with just one paper gasket, one 70cc head gasket, and the 70cc "high compression" head. The piston doesn't hit the head, and looking through the sparkplug hole, there's very little clearance in there.

The only difference, other than being a different engine, is that there is a "top racing" connecting rod. Is this con rod shorter than stock, or is something else different.

Whatever works for you I guess, but I've been happy with the 70cc hc head. It seems to seal pretty well on the metra 65, and the piston isn't hitting it.

im using a standard stock head with no gasket. no problems yet.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account