break in k star

should one use a real rich mix during break in? what is a good ratio? 25:1 is what is in it now. also hows this setup? 16 intake sha carb, proma gp and kstar with 89 jet on puch maxi.

Re: break in k star

25:1 is already super super rich. It's like twice as rich as the (arguably) standard moped gas/oil mixture, of 50:1

Dont do 25:1. 40:1 would be very conservative and 50:1 would prolly be fine. Just make sure you are jetted slightly richer than perfecto/typical and ease it into blastie-type maneuvers (not seizing is a state of mind more than anything:)

why not 25:1? when ever i broke in my pocket bike this is the mix i used, also ive got a rd 400. its a two stroke and i had a new top end and filters and pipes put on it and I run it at 32:1

ever hear theory more oil more hp?

what jet if i switch to 40:1?

1228539951_n21304173_19025166_156.jpg

rd sitting ill get some puch ones up here too, but this thing is tuned and runs 32:1

1228540152_n21304173_30094438_9621.jpg

NEVER HEARD MORE OIL MORE HP. it is certainly not true.

I ran 25:1 breaking in my 70 airsal on puch . It was cheap , non sythetic, walmart brand type stuff though. At 350 miles now and it's still kickin.

nice flip flop wheelie

do what ever you think you should do.

i ran 25:1 on all my bikes. really i just dumped it in and hoped i just went over 32 1 a bit.

never ever do wheelies wearing flipflops ever again.

flip flop wheeiles are gangsta, jk i don't even ride the rd any more, still got it but for some reason i'm more drawn to the puch...

as for the the more oil more hp theory...it could be true because you can get better compression and i heard this from a derek king he is a local 250 gp racer/mechanic who does well and built the engine in the bike i'm doing flip flop wheelies on he also ownes his own bike shop....shade tree mechanix

RUN MORE OIL

i run 2 to 1 oil, and i make 50 horsepowers

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account