maybe a silly question about carbs..

Baltard Drought /

If i were to put a 20-21mm carb on my bike, i would have to upjet the carb due to the larger amount of air coming through right? more air + more fuel = more power. I'm putting on a 70cc cast iron kit, 70cc high comp head, and ninja g3 exhaust. I would have to upjet my current carb, but with the new exhaust and more air being pumped out, shouldn't i pump up the air and fuel being pumped in? btw i was thinking of starting in the 90's nad working my way down till im not rich anymore.

Re: maybe a silly question about carbs..

"I would have to upjet my current carb, but with the new exhaust and more air being pumped out, shouldn’t i pump up the air and fuel being pumped in"

I dont understand that question.

But to answer your initial question: Yes you will have to upjet with all the upgrades you will do. Be sure to run a run premix in your gastank as well just to help the new cylinder break in nicely.

"Be sure to run a run premix in your gastank..."? Wha?

mix oil and gas = premixing. then you aren't relying on an oil injection system. although i didn't think pugs had oil injection never had one so i wouldn't know.

and most 20-21mm carbs come with a bigger jet than stock.

this is a silly thread because nothing is being pumped anywhere. i guess its just another verb.....

I'M GOING TO PUMP YOU UP!!!

-the govornator!!!!

hahahaha

get a 20mm phbg clamp on carb and jet your moped dude. of coarse it will have to be bigger. just experiment a little.

Baltard Drought /

thanks zach, I guess my real question was just that I wanted to know if I would need to get the bigger carb to allow more air in due to the bigger cylinder/exhaust.

do it. i'm all over your other thread too!

i meant run rich premix....forgot that one minor detail. Don't smoke weed children.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account