Homemade Bars

I have a straight piece of 7/8 pipe and i'm going to put it on my garelli I am just wondering if I should first bend it in any way to make it more comfortable or just keep it straight across. I don't want to drop it or anything just keep it straight, what i'm wondering is if I should bend it towards me.

Re: Homemade Bars

Lots of people rock straight bars. I prefer them to angle in a little but that's just me.

Straight bars make my triceps look too large. Similarily I don't wear heels either

your calves are great just the way they are!

I like it when my tri's look large, usually they are inverted.

shit talkin' hippy /

bend 'em a bit in

i think straight bars are the most comfortable

You probably need to bend them a bit, but it depends on your levers.

If your levers have a really acute bend, you'll have to throw your elbows out to grab and pull them. To compensate, you'd bend your bars towards you a bit (bent back, but not up, necessarily).

If your levers are basically parallel to your bars, you can pretty much leave the straight bar.

P.S. - A bender bar for 3/4 electrical conduit will work on 7/8 bars.

BROOMSTICK STATUS

straight across was so uncomfortable when i had it

In SF we all use gay bars.

Two of my mopeds have straight bars; I like them.

Oh, I just got the "gay bars" joke. Man, I am SLOW today.

i use straight bars ... my but seat is lower than the bars and the grip is wide set.

i have my brake levers pretty tight... very very short pull to stop.

the clutch lever sits in a way that is comfortable for starting.. that is directly hanging down. Works perfect since i stand to pedal on the start.

straight bars are way more comfortable for me

A little bit of a pullback works for me..

I've got them bent in maybe 5-10 degrees, and angled just slightly down, find it works better for when I want to push with my arms.

Though, I got to ride with some clubmans today, and the angles were far more comfortable than I'd expected. In the end, whatever you have, you'll get use to..

yeaah thanks for the tips guyzos, i just went ahead and kept them straight, the bender we have at work wasnt strong enough because the pipe was too thick so I just went ahead and stuck them on there and it works pretty well just straight, i might bend them a bit someday, i don't know. thanks anyways though.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account