jb welded intake?

i just put some jb weld on my custom intake. i took a stock header from my tomos and cut it then jb welded it. does anyone know if itll work?

Re: jb welded intake?

i jb welded mine and it worked fine. just dont kick it, lol. i broke mine once like that. but my intake was too long at that point and put the carb in a really vulnerable spot.

oh ok ill post a pic of it tomorrow when its done i got it like a 22.5 degrees out the front. not straight out but on an angle and so far i think its looking pretty good

!C:\Documents and Settings\Reed\My Documents\My Pictures!

thats what it looks like so far

1227492293_photo2.jpg

it will break if you go fast enough.

oh that sucks if it does ill just get it welded

nothings funnier then losing a carb while going fast, lol. happened to me once took me a while to realize what happened.

yup.

"why the fuck is my bike dying?" looks down to see carb hanging by the cable and gas shooting everywhere "SHIT!" Turns off petcock and starts pushing the bike home

Not fun.

if you are going fast enough and it falls off you may seize. be careful. one giant gulp of cold air is all you bike needs to blow up!

I had my puch polini seize in a similar fashion, ran out of gas. It gave me one little sign that it was running out of gas, i tried to catch up with my friends to let them know, seized at 47 mph in about 1/2 block. blows ass. Just find somebody to weld it, it'll be cheap, and you wont run the risk of your shit blowing up.

John Joedicke /

Why not make the bolt plate and just get it welded to the street el and be done with it.

I used JB weld to fix a crack in a cylender wall on a ford 8n tracter. that was 4 years ago and it still runs strong to this day...JB weld is amazeing stuff. it also has an incredible tensil strength.

yea I think I'm going to get it welded I'd rather Be safe then sorry

Lance applewhite /

I've used a two part putty called Quick Steel that I get at Ace Hardware for around $5.00.I've never used it on an intake but I have used it on a muffler and door striker hole.It sticks and gets rock hard.

1227548557_000_0079.jpg

jb weld dissolves in gas. eventually.

i used JB waterwled stick once to fix a hole in one

that was a few years ago, its still going

oh im just going to keep it and until it falls off or i see a crack ill get it welded

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account