sealed bearing in 5 stars and snowflakes

who has turned snowflakes in to sealed bearings and the front hub of 5 stars to sealed bearing? what bearings did you use

Re: sealed bearing in 5 stars and snowflakes

6201 bearings are very common.

try motomatic.

so you have turned the front hub in five stars into sealed

You need a 12mm axle and a spacer that is the perfect length. Then you can buy bearings that fit right in. Try Myrons Mopeds. Motomatic no longer offers this service.

my new hobbler wheels got'em suckaz

sha zam!

must have the spacer indeed.

I'm understood that the bearings are a 6001rs. It's got a 28mm outside diameter, 12mm inside diameter(hence the 12mm axels) and an 8mm width. On the hub, when you force out the bearing cups, it leaves a 29mm outside diameter space for the bearing, making an extra mm that has to be filled with a .5mm shim, right? All my curiosity lies around that shim. I wanna know what people are using as a shim? I'm curious what the length of that front hub spacer needs to be as well. Is it the same as the rear? If so, that can be looked up in the spare parts manual.

is that for the front hub or the snowflakes

I think there is another bearing that will work without a shim.

well what bearing is that

If there is another bearing that'll work without a shim, it'd have to have an OD of 29mm(while still having an ID of 12mm). 6201 bearings have an outside diameter of 32mm. That won't work.

Austin, that's for the front and rear hubs. I've got a rear 5 star wheel that has stock bearings in it, and they're 6001rs too.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/6/154528/154528/

I think the bearing cups were 30mm or so. The new bearings are 32mm O.D.

"I did the same thing to the wheel I have on the moped now, except I used a hole saw to make the bearings fit. That thing wobbles like crazy : /" - your words

I'm cool without the wobble and without removing material from the hub.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account