SUZUKI FA50 tuning help!

I just bought a suzuki FA50 and put a new cylinder and cylinder head on it and rebuilt it. but the fastest i can go is 25 but i just accelerate faster than i used to! It feels like once i hit 25 there is still a lot more power to go faster but it just wont let me. I am thinking that there may be a restrictor in the exhaust or something because one time i blew the exhaust gasket and started going a steady thirty. I am also thinking about getting a performance exhaust from treats. But im not sure what I should do to get my moped going faster! is there a governess or something?

Thanks,

Tommy

Re: SUZUKI FA50 tuning help!

I too would like to know this. I just bought the treatshq exhaust on ebay... we'll see how it does!

Thats sweet. What was your top speed before the treats pipe?

I think im goung to get one if it improves your speed alot. keep me posted on how it runs with the new pipe

no governer is the exhaust clean and clear mine stock does 34 according to my gps if you choke it when your at top speed what happens does it speed up or die off

im not sure ill try that on my way home from school. I think there is some croud in my exhaust. if you shake it you can hear stuff moving aroung that sounds like carbon or whatever clogs up exhausts. How should try and scrape that stuff out? coat hanger?

scrape with what ever you can also the exhaust port may be clogged like hell i would pull the head off and check it out

ok thats a good idea. I just got back from school and using the choke gave me A 2mph boost so if i was maxing out at 25 i got 27. I dont know what that means though. Maybe im not gettting enough gas.

when i had that problem with mine i had to adjust the float level to 22.4 millimeters do you need a service manual? i have a few left email me if you want one

puch exauhst bro..and a shaved puch head....both from an e50...40mph flat land. i was pissed my buddys fa50 keeps up with my c70..

1227315407_picture_769.jpg

biturbo works like a charm. decent torque now that i fixed my exghaust leak and 5 mph on the top, still tuning.

to clean it out u might have to cut it open because it has 2 tubes going in weird directions (suppose this is some what normal) o and search there have been 2-4 threads of methods on cleaning out exhaust , the most common is to bonfire it and the easiest is to fill it with drain-o. never tried either.

i have hear of people replacing one of the tubes in there with a slightly bigger one and getting great results.

o p.s these bikes are supper restricted but have decent parts like reeds and a low gears (weee torque monster) .

I know man! these bikes are super restricted. its so annoying. why does a puch cylinder head make it go so much faster??

will a puch exhaust fit on an fa?

with a welder yes normally no not at all.

and a puch head gives it more compression thus more torque u could all so put the stock head in a lathe and take a very small amount off the squish band thing.

one of the dutch tuners posted a pic of him doing if u care search ovc .

I can't get mine to rev to max it bogs any more than half throttle.

that sounds rich or lean , does it have decent torque? what does the plug look like? it could be a clogged exhaust,to much tranny fluid, some one took of the air filter, needle set up wrong. and a whole lot more of simple trouble shooting things

Thanks for the reply, I tried setting the main jet needle lower to cut off more gas at high throttle position but no change, the reason why I tried that is because the air filter upon removal had a some gas on the rubber gromet ( not consuming the fuel at higher rpms) this attempt did not work so I tried setting the float higher to lower the fuel level this also did not work, so I returned everything back and am going to mark were the timing is and proceed to tweek the timing ahead (advance) and if that doesn't work I will also return IT back to its original position. this is a pain in the ass but the bike has good low end toque and 1310 moles on it but can't seem to eat up the gas being offered at least in my estimation. I think even if the plug shows a rich black ass condition it still will not tell me if the timing needs to be advanced a bit.

did you or a previous owner ever clean out the main jet by sticking some thing through their? is your needle on top of the little clip thing?

The clip is securely pressed flat by the little clip. I had to use a magnify glass to see if it was and it is. next I will check the timing, according to the manual the rpm must be up to 4000rpm to check the timing with a light since there are no incremental timing degree marks on the case (only a scribe on the flywheel and a single scribe on the case) I will just need to make sure the timing mark on the flywheel is slightly located to the left of the mark on the case, these are the checks that I am performing as a process of elimination as you know. next I will do a compression check then i guess I will purchase a gasket set and inspect the piston rings for carbon binding, perhaps there is a vacuum problem, crank seals intake and reed gasket etc. I noticed this bike has a vacuum hose that goes from the carb to the petcock which has a rubber diaphragm similar to my 1968 Johnson outboard motor this must assist in fuel delivery, I am just going to chip away at it systematically step by step hopefully without breaking the bank.

Thanks for the reply and the help

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account