stock puch exhaust

this is how you really derestrict a cigar, i chopped the header right where it goes into the baffle cover, and welded it on so it becomes an expansion chamber. then i threw that baffle thing in my yard. i had a spare ciao pipe, the baffle box thing on a ciao is the same diameter as the back of the cigar, so i cut off the little steel dome with the pipe coming from the engine going through it,i left about 5 inches of it inside my new espansion chamber. i just welded it onto the back of the puch pipe, it looks like a baseball bat. sounds fuckin mean. i wasn't thinking it would do much performance wise, but i was pleasently surprised, it's like a trashy biturbo, 5 or 6 top end and more low end. on a mostly stock za50 w/14mm bing.

just a little experiment for all those rusted up stock pipes we got kickin around.

1226483977_blunt.jpg

Re: stock puch exhaust

nice, i've been thinking about sticking a convergent cone inside the stock pipe.

now im thinking about making it run over the pedal, maybe get some heat wrap from the chopper dudes down the street.

Do you have a picture of the finished pipe? I am thinking of what to do with my rusty stock cigar. What should I do for the back (exit) part of the pipe (don't have a ciao pipe)

i have like 7 cigars sitting in my garage, and was thinking about trying something like this. thanks!

I melted my exhaust baffle so this is asomething I'm gunna try.

lol i melted the end of my baffle too, ended up cutting it clean in half down the center ball, and the back half actually makes kind of a convergent bowl.

my cameras broken, but you can make the end out of whatever, you just need to find a piece of steel that's the right shape, i live in downtown savannah, GA and have been seen by many running around the ghetto w/ a hacksaw. i didn't use it because its not steel and i like welding stuff, but i think certain fenceposts have caps on top of them with about the same diameter. you can make just about anything with a few old bed frames and som re-bar.

Have you guys seen Ragstretchers Oldscool Exhaust.

1226994865_download3.jpg

wow! im making one tomorrow!, bet that rippps! the one i made makes the bike run real smooth, good accel good top speed, but no real power band, it's good, but not as good as a leovince, thats really the only race pipe i have used on puchs.

that's rad, not as stock looking, but it is made of two stock pipes after all, one could make a straighter one.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account