pictures of your polini 4-petal set up

i'm about to cut the fins off my cylinder and head so i can put the polini 4-petal reed block on. just hoping to find some pictures of how other people have chosen to cut theirs.

thanks.

Re: pictures of your polini 4-petal set up

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

not cut by me, but it fits the polini reedblock fine.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

here is an older version. If you get a clamp-on phbg you also have to cut head fins which kinda sucks. Spigot mount is most awesome.

here is a pic of the polini brand intake.

1226446000_polini.jpg

Don't do either of those annelise. check out bella's maxi. thats the easiest nicest looking way to do it. i don't have a pic poopoo.

Email Tim from TBS too. His shit is nicely done. Dude is a little big OCD when it comes to his mopeds. ;)

I'll try and snap a pic of carl latebirds tonight, His looks really good with minimal fin cuttage. Requires one of your welding buddies to make you an intake though.

I've got a 50hc head with the fins already cut I'll sell to you for 40. The two side fins are still on so it loks smooth from all angles. But it makes the float bowl retarded to get to cause you have to unmount the carb to have room to pull the bowl off.

somebody snap a pic of bella's too, please

See you decided not to go with the 70 athena?

You should talk to rafter, they make pates that bolt into the 4 pedal assembly and mount the carb backwards.

No photos but what I did when I chopped the fins for my polini was, cut all but the far left and far right fins off the cylinder head (the carb fits perfectly between them). then trim all the small center fins of the polini, then just cut the outer fins to fit the intake.

Please tell me you picked up a 70cc head for it?

Just keep the 2 outside fins and it will look good. Here is mine. Malossi 4 pedal tho.

uuuughgg I hate it wen ppl cut off like a quarter of the entire engine fins to put the carb on. IMO bad form.

here is mine:

I have shortened the intake hose to about half that so the carb just barley misses the head fins, notice i only sliced them down slightly to fit the intake on and needed no custom parts.

and here is bellas:

its a bad pic of it but the original close one is now no longer hosted by image shack or something and displays a broken link, and my hd with that pic on it crashed lame.

but the fins are cut to allow almost maximum cooling with the polini 4 pedal, and the intake is custom made.

i hate to be a naysayer but i dont think bella's setup is very good. it looks gorgeous and its great to keep the extra cooling fin surface but that is a bad angle to mount the carb. it looks like the gas has to do a angular U turn in order to get into the cylinder. i know there are other variables but im gonna assume that elliot your bike is faster than bellas right? your setup looks like it would have much better flow even with the radiator hose intake compared to a steel tube.

thanks everyone. this is really helpful.

yes paz i backed out on the athena idea. polini power is just too hard to beat. plus easy and familiar.

and yes, i love the look of bella's but don't want to wait around to have a custom intake made. i think i'll go with something close to elliot's set up. i ride tomorrow!

Yeah, mine is similar to Elliot's. I'm running it until I get an intake made.

...but yes; Polini definitely Annelise

1226461191_mvc006s.jpg

harold i agree that it looks so from the outside, cuz thats the exact same thing i said to graham when i first saw that intake shaw made on his magnum when he had the 4 pedal setup. but when u actually put it together its not any different than the malossi one or a forward facing carb, i do thing the intake is a bit too long but its a very smooth shot in and puts the carb in a great place. u kinda have to see it in person apart to really get it.

honestly bellas bike and mine are about the same engine power i think but she is geared lower for city riding, her bike is special or something its jetted at 110 unported and shreds super hard. all around great power.

Yeah, bellas set-up is really similiar to carls. His was made my shaw, so its probably the same as grahams was. It may be kind of long, but it actually shoots into the cylinder at a better angle that the malossi or polini intake, and it keeps the carb tucked away. No ram air.

you fail me

cut the fins like bellas, run the intake like elliots. DONE.

I know I could have left a little triangle fin on each side, but I have put a lot of miles on this set up from 90 degree humid as fuck weather to 30 degree dry as fuck weather and I've never had any problems. Plus the carb isn't sticking out to the side where its gonna get knocked off. No ram air either eith the filter setup like that. I think it looks pretty clean.

saw it.. bike hauls balls.

esp when he doesnt have a 50 pound backpack on his back

ha! yeah, you definitely have me on top with that gearing and pipe though!

bella's wheels are sweet looking.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account