light bulb led conversion

my license plate light keeps buring out so i found a cheap solution.

i had a led key chain light that i use all the time so the battery went dead. its cheaper to buy a new light then it is to by a battery. so i took it apart and removed the led,its not even soldered in ,it comes right out. i tryied a 100 ohm resistor but it was too dim so i went with a 39ohm resitor and its nice and brite.and it draws much less voltage

Re: light bulb led conversion

here is a pic of it installed,i wish i would have save the old bulb .i would have soldered the led into the burnt out bulb

1226031453_led_conversion_003.jpg

geez coco your like the god of leds. thats awesome. good idea

its nice and brite,no more burnt bulbs

1226031528_led_conversion_004.jpg

I got some led's at superbrightleds.com. The 24 led bulbs are the most led's to a bulb in order to fit the moped light dome. And you can choose a wide or narrow span of light. That's what I'll be sportin for a while.

with those LED's from superbright, do they do okay with a kitted bike? i know some halogen bulbs can be overvolted and be alright, but i don't know if the 6 volt LED's could take the extra volts from a kit. Anyone had good results...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account