best way of sealing water cooled kit?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

so i just found out water is leaking into my cylinder once it gets warmed up, causing my bike to run at like 5mph and really rich sounding.

what is the best way to seal this shit good? i was just going to motoseal grey on top of my gasket but is there a better option? and no, I cant buy another gasket for this kit, i have to mak emy own.

Re: best way of sealing water cooled kit?

red rtv? i used it to seal waterpumps on cars with no problems.

newb.

yamabond?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

well ive been havi8ng strange probs lately, and i think its the fact i saw water dripping out of the exhaust port.

is this the moby h20 head?

***Kim Jong illest*** /

blue rtv.

Wait, what kit? Every kit I have experienced (both on the aprilia and the puch) have o-rings to seal the head (inside and out) and 4 small o-rings for the studs.

Dose yours have paper gaskets? I say smear the hell out of both sides of the gaskets with red RTV let it setup and then slap it back together. Another coat or black (non hardening or red rtv around the outside probably won't hurt either

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

no its a vespa water cooled setup. Im so close to giving up on it haha.

I wish it had o rings paz, even my moby air cooled setup has (had now ) an o-ring.

Have you tried head gasket shellac? I've not yet messed with any H2o setups but it works great on base and head gaskets...

i think i can experiment with this i have an old water cooler engine that leaks like crap. im gonna try to adapt o rings to it. i will try to post some updates.

rtv or gascacinch will seal that up well

any non-hardening gasketmaker

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

so new paper gasket with red rtv? you think that will work?

cuz everything else hasnt. even new paper gasket no worky.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account