Performance Tires - Opinions!

What is everyone's experience with the performance tires for your stock or kitted peds! List the brand and number of miles ridden if possible too! I searched but did not find a thread specifically discussing this - Thanks

Performance Tires - Opinions!

Gunther McCilicutty /

Mich Gazelles are bulletproof but heavy..

Re: Performance Tires - Opinions!

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

The problem with tires is that many of the good ones are no longer available or currently out of stock.

My favorites are Michelin M29s. I run 2.75's on my magnum and probably have close to a thousand miles on them. They are grippy and comfortable. I haven't seen much, if any tread wear. No flats either. Not so good in the rain. They are no longer made

if you have a 16" tire, id go with the sava mc2's. i have a set. they look great, have AMAZING grip (better than the 17" savas...whatever model that is), and they are a great price (i got my set for like 50 bucks). comfortable ride. they are pretty wide too for a 2.25" tire.

M29S's are gone

Gazelles are impossible to find

IRC Zap is my tire of choice.

Gazelles>all

BUT, most any tread pattern will work--decide based on your weather (rain, shine, dirt).

is anybody getting the hutchinson tires in the US yet? i've seen a few bikes rocking them, but i haven't seen them for sale. they have a bunch of styles, and their street/race tire looks really nice

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

77 sold them for a bit. They are super soft composition.

I have a set of huchison gp1's on my magnum. sweet tread pattern,great in the rain. I have about 500 miles on them.

gezelles mine a still on back order:(

i have 2.75 hutchinson gp1's on my av10. pretty rad, i only have about a hundred miles on them, but they are ruling my life so far.

Backordered Gazelles do turn into the real thing...eventually. I put an order through with motorcyclesuperstore.com middle of August, and got them delivered this week. I did the same with Irc's elsewhere. It's like sending away for a cereal box prize and forgetting about it.

The Gazelles were really weird to ride at first cause I'm not used to a heavy and crazy grippy-around-the-turns tire. I feel magneted to the ground now. I'm all paranoid as if something's broken; I'm getting used to it.

Hutchinsons. they are awesome.. I have about 250 miles on my 2.5's.. nice and sticky.. They don't have the life span of the gazelles though... from what I hear..

Gunther McCilicutty /

I got my Gazelles from DennisKirk.com...check there everyday and they will throw some up about once every 3 weeks and then they are GONESKI!!!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account