up jet required

i just got a DR big bore kit for my 1982 honda urban express, and i installed it. but i have some questions seeing as i am a newbie here. do i need to upjet my carb? or change the carb? on the installation instructions it didn't say anything about upjetting or anything. in fact it recommended sticking with stock exhaust and carb/intake. i have only ridden the kit 3-4 miles since it was installed. but i wasn't sure why it would need to be upjetted, if it is possibly gonna cause a seize i want to wait for you guys to tell me whats up. thanks.

Re: up jet required

do a plug chop and you can tell if your running lean upjet if rich go down

look at your plug u might not have to but i have only heard of this happening once and it wasn't even on a moped. but yes please re tune it or seize it.

excuse my newbieness, but what exactly is a plug chop, i have heard alot about that on here but nobody has explained it?

ride it around for a while and check the color of the spark plug.. it will show you how much you need to change, jetting wise.

if it looks really burn then too rich(DARK )

^that should say brown. dark and or wet rich/jet is too big. ashy and gray or light tan, lean/ jet is too small. You want it to look like coffee with cream. look in the wiki plug chop and much more is explained.

i swear to god, i wrote a great post about plug chopping, and it somehow didn't get posted.

i like lots of cream in my coffee, how about a good pic?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account