best beginners kit?

I'm looking into a 70cc k-star or 70cc TCCD kit for my 1978 puch maxiluxe. I don't know if there a good beginners kit but there the only one I saw that you can just bolt it on. Also if I got either what carb would you recommend? I was thinking between 16-19mm del PHBG for them. which one is better or are they other ones better?

Re: best beginners kit?

none, go big or go home!

the 19mm phbg should be more then enough for those 70cc kits, I personally don't know which one matches the best tho.

my 70cc airsal kit is great. simple installation, i'm happy with the pull and top speed for now. I'm sure eventually i'll port and case match but for now i'm happy.

i have a 14 bing on there now with a high flow filter and a techno boss pipe. low end is okay and it gets up to a little over 40 with good power all around.

ok right now i have a stock puch with a techno circuit pipe and i was going 33 im hoping to go around 50 with a kit. once i get good at tuning i might look into the 80cc metra kit but not for a while.

If you're planning on going 50 get a TCCD, K star is a kit meant for bottom end only, need some heavy sprocketing (or tuning ofcourse) to get that baby to 80.

Botch kits have a standard intake of 17,5mm, so if you're planning on going bigger you'd have to tune that size up

ok so with the right gearing and tuning i can hit 50? if i just tune it and case match and port can i hit 50 or should i change my gears. i have stock 16x45 now

I am running 16x45 with a Stock Tightened Clutch, 19mm PHBG, Techno Boss, and 70cc High Comp.

I know I am hitting at least 50 because a Magnum in our group does 52mph and I can pass him, regularly.

alright so with that TCCD kit i can hit 50. i might get a 19 del PHBG carb 70 high comp head and maybe get it ported and case matched

Bah! That's with a Case Matched K-Star, sorry I didn't put that in there.

Oh, and at their widest points the K-Star has a 19mmx15mm intake

oh. at there widest points? whats that?

19mm- From far left to far right

15mm- from the top to the bottom

oh thats what i tought but i wouldnt want to go and do that then i mess it up

my first kit very easy to install good power. Sweet!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account