Help with kit.

Just got done throwing on the Athena Kit on a Sachs 505 1/D. Case is matched and everything, but I couldn't get her started today. It has spark, and fuel, but just won't seem to actually turn over. I couldn't even pop or run on starting fluid. It keeps trying to start though, but nothing will actually get it started.

Any ideas??

Re: Help with kit.

did upgrade your carb or upjet? do u have an air leak? is it just the first time that its being started with new rings (mine pulled that trick after it got rebuilt)? is it just a 2 stroke thus prone to be finicky and picky?

did you change the jet?

yea sorry, its a athena 80cc kit with reed valves. It's a chinese Del knock 15mm knock off right now, but that's gonna be switched as soon as I get the cash for an OKO or Del Race. I know the carbs good though, because I pulled it off my running Peugeot. I think the carb should at least get it started though correct? even if it doesn't run properly with that set up?

I was thinking about this, Does this seem like a timing problem? I mean it has spark and fuel. If its not timed properly it wouldn't start right?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

jetting is off.

re traced electrical, I noticed spark was not as blue as it should be. I found a few loose wires and tightened em up, spark is now blue. Once spark was better, I had to try and start it, so I started peddling away. Got it to start to sputter and run very briefly, but couldn't keep it running. I didn't really have too much time to mess with it, or keep trying to get it runnin since its almost midnight and I'm sure the neighbors wont like hearing it actually start... But at least its starting a little now. Any one have any jet recomendations for starters on a Athena 80cc sachs? I think a new carb is definately gonna be needed immediately, so I'd like to order jets with the carb right away, but need a starting point.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account