speedometer

do i need to remove the pin at the 30mph mark on my speedometer now that i've kitted my bike and it can go much faster? might i damage the speedometer mechanism if i don't remove the pin? or have i been watching too many cartoons?

Re: speedometer

You won't damage the pin, but I have broken two speedo cables by going 45+, but they were both old used guys. If you want your speedo to read higher, I've got a stock Puch 40mph job that will swap right in with no effort, just move the cable over.

get a gps. You won't regret it mine is accurate to really high sppds. I've seen my explorist 100 read 597mph before. It was amazing.

I was in a jet, but it was still amazing.

I broke my speedo doing 45. demolished the gears on the inside and that was ona 40mph vespa speedo.

mine started making a really really loud screaming noise when it went over 45. Like so loud it would drown out the engine noise.

me and my friend have 40mph puch speedos and they hold up fine past 40. mines rusty as shit, too.

I have an old vespa speedo that goes to 40 mph. the other day my grande hit about 50 and it held up fine.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account