Laser super sport really slow

I bought a Laser Super Sport with 380 miles. It has the morini franco. Its a sweet looking bike but its not very fast at all. I cant get above 22 mph. It has a dell 12:14. I noticed that the intake was really tiny so i put it on the drill press and drilled it to 12.5 mm. I cleaned the exhaust and drilled a couple extra small holes in the baffle. After that i went from 19 to 22 mph. Anyone know any easy performance mods for these motors? Thank You

Re: Laser super sport really slow

check the point gap & spark plug gap too. They can affect speed.

Properly tuned and totally stock pacer or laser should do 25 . Check compression , point gap , timing, air filter , general spark plug correctness gap , and for goodness sake get an expantion chamber pipe for that thing . Tune airbox and pipe it ! Best two mods by far ! But get it running correctly in stock form first .

Post pics for us Morini peeps

port it and make a different intake and throw a bing or somethin on it

Why would he want to replace a Dellorto with a Bing? Get a Dellorto 15.15 if you want bigger semi-stock carb, but drilling it out, upjetting, combined with an expansion chamber should get you to 30 at least.

what morini as there are several out there.. I will have a few of the polini kits for sale.. my morini powered motomorina M1 single speed does mid 40s with a 43mm kit and a pipe, stock carb but that is being changed to a 19mm in the nex couple weeks. The 2 speed MO2 is next

want a kit send a pic of the motor and I will see what I have

fred

I was mistaken, it is a pacer. The sticker was messed up on both sides. I had the tank, plastis underseat cover and chain guard painted Black cherry. Now it has the looks but no go. Has anyone done porting to these cylinders? My next step will be to mill the head. Thanks for the input

I have done both in the M1 engine. Those two things are good places to look for more power . Be sure to look threw older posts about my build details or just ask if you have specfic questions . I have been working on my M1 enging for the longest time so I pretty much have done all the popular mods and then some . 50 50 Pacer YEAH

I R E Rick

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account