proper technik for screwing the PVL rotor

can you please tell me what is the proper tehnique for screwing the magnet beacuse I do not want to use the long thread spark plug beacuse I am affraid that I will damage piston or conrod beacuse I have a PVL magnet and I have to tighten it alot thanx

Re: proper technik for screwing the PVL rotor

I think you can put a long piece of rope through the spark plug hole and tighten the flywheel (magnet) the rope won't hurt your piston, your rod should be bent either. OR...get an impact wrench.

mike

rope always does the trick. just make sure you have your piston torwards the top of the cylinder when you start to put it in. if you do it while the piston is at the botton the rope can go into one of the ports and get stuck or break a ring.

MetroidKittyMassager /

i use a strap/chain wrench they are 15 bucks at autozone. you strap it around your magneto and lock it like a vice. then you have insane torque over your magneto rotation enough to tighten the nut really well with a socket over the nut.

strap wrenches rock.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account