Piston port solid piston

i have it from a good source that alot of power can be made by running a piston port engine with a solid piston. didn't really get too much more info on it. anyone know anything about this?

Re: Piston port solid piston

Metra pistons are all solid, and they make damn good power for what they are.

damn straight.

well i'm talking about using a solid pison in a a35 jug. heard it makes crazy power but didn't really get any other info on it some just looking for some more

That's called 'power porting' and Graham Bell details it in the cylinder porting and scavenging section. Basically by reducing the blow-through area on the piston, you increase the impulse pressure on the fuel charge. -But that's a bit oversimplified.... read up!

anyone doing it?

and is it as easy as just swapping in a puch piston or other closed piston/closing the windows on the stock a35 piston? read the graham bell description. thanks

Got a link ?

The A35 is reed valve, not piston ported. Because it couldn't get enough fuel/air charge it probably wouldn't even run. Think about it, you would be blocking the main path of mix from the intake to the crankcase.

yeah, sorry. i didn't mean piston port. i ment blocking the intake windows and using a solid window. someone with a VERY fast a35 on here told me about doing it this way and i asked for more info, but he's very hard to get ahold of

It will increase the RPM range. Ideally you want to use either an A55 piston or a 50cc TCCD piston so you can really open up the exhaust port. The ring locator pins on stock puch pistons will only let you open the port up so much.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account