Re: Vespa Grande: rear shock options???

phizappakrappa /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Really? They don't make rear aftermarket shocks that are superior to the 30 year old stock shocks?

There are only 1100 orig. miles on my bike,....but the shocks are 30 years old and have had to lose some pressure over the past 3 decades.

Anyway,....I was hoping that I could do better. This is my first moped,.....but I've owned plenty of motorcycles - and this suspension feels incredibly sloppy in comparison to my cycles. Maybe I'm just not used to the more delicate nature of a moped,.....but it feels kinda crappy when I hit bumps. There seems to be too much travel in the shocks for my taste. I prefer a much stiffer suspension.

Regardless,....if 30 year old stock is the best I can do (suspension wise), then I guess I need to get used to it. But I am surprised that there is no superior, modern after market upgrade.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account