Peugeot 103 70cc port matching

Hey kids.

Just bought my first 70cc kit.

Obviously, the ports don't match my stock casing.

Is it absolutely necessary to port match my casing? Or will I get sufficient intake without it...

or am I risking starving my topend...

Thanks!

Re: Peugeot 103 70cc port matching

derbeez ryderz /

i don't know if it will starve your top end so much. but, it will most deffinatly rob the potential for awesome power that your kit has to offer. stock peugeots from what i understand have 2 transfer ports, your kit has 3. i imagine you won't notice the substantial performance gain with out case matching. trust me it will be well worth the work.

Dremel out the third transfer. Its the balls of the operation so to speak.

When opening up your existing side transfers, look out for the holes that the case bolts go through.

Don't do what this guy did to his case.

Ok, another question then. I've never cracked my case before. What are the should know's for sealing it back up?

Also

I've heard DIY porting is tricky business.

Seems like I should just bite the bullet and get a performance case...

Na, doing it yourself is the balls of the operation so to speak. put your shit on the line and get some street cred!

what the f is that thing?

a marmot?

you can't have amphibious animals in the.... that's not legal.

Peugeot cases are super tiny, probably just an ordinary rat

Case matching isn't too hard you just have to make sure not to get carried away like in that picture, also the side transfers can't get much bigger without adding material. If you just add a third transfer and slightly open the side ones carefully you will love the results.

Peugeot 103 70cc port matching

you don't necessarily have to crack the case to do this. I didn't on my first port job. though I didn't realize how close that hole was because you can't see it w/o cracking the case and I came a hair away from cutting into it. just got really lucky I guess. if you're not going to open the case, plug it up with tissue and try to avoid getting metal shavings inside as much as possible (pretty much impossible). just make sure you flush your case 4 or 5 times and spin the crank while flushing it. I eventually upgraded to the malossi case and race crank and noticed an incredible difference.

avoid the X's

Please read the chapter on porting cylinder, Terms you want to read like the ramping and squareing and straighting the ports.

I would really read and understand what it is to ramp the ports. I try to keep high crank case pressure so you lose very little low end. :)

I always put have the motor to together (just the crank and piston in one half of the motor with the cylinder mounted with 2 cylinder studs) Look also feel the ports for smoothness.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account