peugeot multi var problems

derbeez ryderz /

i just put a multi var on my 103, and i most deffinatly put all of clutch parts back together right according to the shop manual. but, unfortionatly the clutch will not disengage and when i stop it dies.

is there a spacer inside the clutch that i don't need?

Re: peugeot multi var problems

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

theres a spacer that looks like it goes one way, even sits flush. WRONG. you gotta put it the opposite of what you think it will.

derbeez ryderz /

sweet thanks, i'll try that tomorrow.

maitland is right. it's small dark piece, about a half an inch thick. one side is flush and the other is cupped in. the flush side has to be facing out, which holds the metal spacers that sit in the bearings. if you have that piece in backwards you'll end up wrenching down your variator about a quarter inch more than it should and will be constantly engaged.

thats the problem its always engaged

also there's a small clear(ish) spacer that comes with the multivar that goes right under the nut on top. If I leave it in, the clutch stays engaged but if I don't it seems like the there's the right amount of play in the assembly. Are the rest of you running that spacer or not?

With the Variotop you need that spacer, but the whole assembly should have a small amount of side to side slop on the crankshaft. If you can feel no slop then the clutch will be engaged at all times since things are essentially bound up at that point.

-naz

I have the same situation as you going on, aris.

There were a few different peugeot clutch spacer configurations, depending on the year of your bike. I'm sure that spacer works for some people, but mine bound up until I lost the little clear friction washer.

harley's the best fuck the rest

yeah on my variotop I use the spacer. There's still enough slop. On my multivar though, notsomuch

derbeez ryderz /

i'm still having trouble with it. removing the clearish washers the only thing i haven't tried.

i definitely need the spacer. i forgot to put it in once and my whole clutch exploded. i popped it open to take a look and about 20 pieces of twisted metal and clutch crumbs came out. even the metal balls had little dents in them. didn't think that was possible.

we still cant get it..

every time we tighten the nut down it just goes in to far and it makes the whole variator/cyntrifucal clutch part but right up against the clutch bell.

aka always engaged.

can some one post a photo of them installing

the exploded view is stupid and hard to read.

The beveled washer should sit just like it does in pic #11.

The inner sleeves actually should stick out farther than the thrust washer when the nut is tightened down and the beveled washer should be in contact with the inner sleeve, not the thrust washer, which is #6 in this stock pic, I think the multivar one is black.

why does everyone have so many probs with these things. they are perfect. i have installed many and no tricky stuff.

i guess i'm just better than all of you.

lee did you file down the two teeth on your clutch bell to get it to fit in?

I was the guinea pig for this.

yeah i did.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account