Honda PA50II (Hobbit) restrictor plate or pipe

I have a 1981 PA50II or Hobbit, and I was wondering how to remove the restrictor plate, or put a performance pipe on because I cant seem to find one online. I love my moped, but I hate going 30 mph, I really want to be able to get near 40 off of it, or any speed increase at all, if anyone has any tips let me know thanks.

Re: Honda PA50II (Hobbit) restrictor plate or pipe

i have heard something about them being rev limited by the ignition. im not sure if it is true, but my nu50m (i think the only drive train difference from me to you is i have a CVT) reals back at a certain rpm, rite around 30 mph. i have no idea weather or not this is cause by the ignition, but if it does exist, getting around it is were i would start.

Raymond Rexroad /

Do a search, use the wiki.

No restrictor plate. The CDI isn't the limiting factor.

It has been reported that you can get to 40 by modifying the variator alone. Again, do a search for it, or go to the wiki.

Otherwise, yes, you could find a pipe - but they are hard to come by, as you've said.

I can't comment on a 70cc cylinder with a stock exhaust - you could search that to, or check the Performance spreadsheet.

ill be selling my polini replica pipe for a hobbit in a week or two cuz im gettin a sick ass rafter custom pipe

the polini gave me bout 8-10 mph increase topend and stronger pickup and midrange excelleration and it mounts right on without any trouble.

hit me up if u think u want it

WAX,

If Ned isn't interested in your polini replica pipe, I may be. Let me know.

And Ned,

There's some good info on the wiki by K&R about using a stock Hobbit exhaust combined with a performance pipe (cut the stock pipe for a header and weld a performance pipe to it).

he hasnt sent me anything so its gonna be available in a week and a half when i can pay rafter for the motomatic pipe so hit me up

godinafedexbox@gmail.com

Will do. How much were you thinkin'?

any pics of it?

im not sure what price i bought it for like 170 from treats like 2 months ago and rode it some so its not as shiny as it was but ill send u some pics

hey could you send me some info on that pipe

nedk92@aol.com

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account