My recent 30mph Moby Is a 50L! Time to port her?

For some stupid reason I didn't bother checking to see if it had a variator on the motor that was in the box the motor was in dismantled... As I'm loading up the moped & box I take a look at the motor.. Christ!! It's a damn 50L not a 50V.. This lady swears it does over 30mph. Is their such a thing as a 30mph 50L?

Any ways since the motor is apart I'm going to port this puppy.

What kind of speeds can I expect from a ported 50L?? I may put my Ninga G3 on it as well with a 15.15 Dellorto.

Is it worth doing, or should I just convert it to a 50v?

Re: My recent 30mph Moby Is a 50L! Time to port he

Yes, also would like to know the answer to this question. I just picked up a 50L from dwegs and would like to variate it. Anybody got an extra variator or two?

JC

Sure - a 50L will go 30-35 no problem. I had a great running 40T with the Dimoby clutch in there. You have to have the 30mph carb and 13mm intake though.

There's lots to like about the Dimoby. You can put any pipe on there! The engine doesn't move! Awesome!

Yes, variating is the tits. No doubt. But don't give up on it yet.

Variating the bike isn't too hard. You just need to mod a few things like the engine spring catch and such. Otherwise, the variator slides right on there where the Dimoby used to be.

Can the 50V handle the smaller rear sprocket?

Jerry Franek /

Glad to see that you're spending all that money I gave you for the yellow bike on new Moby stuff Chas. It won't start and I'm kicking myself over it. Caveat emptor.

Good luck with your projects. I'm going to need plenty.

It ran fine before I sold it to you.. I even asked you if you wanted me to start it and you said no..

So it doesn't have spark or what?? I promise you it ran when I sold it to you..

Nope. You'll want to throw the bigger, what...55 tooth? On there.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account